Go to footer

Afraid to touch my new doll...

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Afraid to touch my new doll...

Postby Evelien » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm the opposite... I am a big clumsy twat lol and I'm WAY not careful enough with my dolls. I can't believe Ellie still has all her fingers, she has fallen on the floor so many times now... *ashamed*
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby embyquinn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 am

quidam wrote:
embyquinn wrote:
*I point this out not to denigrate the value or beauty of polyurethane resin BJDs, but to reinforce the fact that a "resin" doll is not made of some ethereal substance that will deteriorate if you breathe on it. Polyurethane resin (PUR) is the stuff that car dashboards are made out of. It's not indestructible, but it's not spun glass either.

Actually a Dal is made of ABS.
While you are right that resin isn't as fragile as some might suppose, I believe ABS is a bit sturdier when it comes to the breakable sense.

Either way little Dal isn't going to break that easily!

Oh, well, in that case, the mantra should be "plastic is plastic". XD
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AthenaSong » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 pm

When I got my first resin doll I felt the same way! I spent the first month terrified to touch her at all. Then one day I accidentally dropped her to the ground and when I saw she was okay the worry vanished! Now I play with her more than my cheap Obitsu!
AthenaSong

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:14 am

I haven't played much with Len but that's only cause Pullips/Dal's can't stand on their own..Period. Makes it a teensy bit hard to pose him for pics.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:43 am

Alopecia No Hime wrote:I haven't played much with Len but that's only cause Pullips/Dal's can't stand on their own..Period. Makes it a teensy bit hard to pose him for pics.

Elsa, my hestia, has weak ankles so high top solid shoes like Barbie boots help a lot for standing.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 am

I plan on getting him better shoes so he can stand up better. His current ones are like three times bigger then his feet.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Trethowan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:34 am

I can't count the number of times Ivan has faceplanted the floor during photo shoots. hahahaha... I'm so glad resin is plastic. :-p
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'