Go to footer

Have you guys ever seen this sculpt?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Have you guys ever seen this sculpt?

Postby Trethowan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

http://deavivente.com

I came across these on Deviant Art. This is a unique model compared to most of the brands we see. They're so realistic. I really like the realism and style of the sculpts.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Have you guys ever seen this sculpt?

Postby myotishia » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 pm

I saw those a while back. I'm not a fan of the face sculpts as they're almost too realistic but I love the bodies.
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Wow!

I'm not so sure about the faces either, like myotishia said they're almost too realistic, but the bodies are really nice and I'm loving the elbow and knee joints. I wish they had an option for a smaller bust though. And not being crazy about the faces is a problem because being porcelain and from the looks of things between BJD scales it might be hard to find another head to put on them.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby magkelly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:33 pm

I probably couldn't afford one in my wildest dreams. They've got to cost the earth if she's not saying how much on the site but I absolutely love that Dea doll and would go for her in a heartbeat if money was no object. I like the idea of BJD's a lot but the one thing (besides money) that has really kept me from not getting into them is the scarcity of dolls that look more like adults vs teens or Anime figures. There are a few BJD fashion type dolls out there that aren't specialty dolls but they're very expensive and not all that well made from what I've been told. The ones that are well made cost way too much for me to be able to go there unfortunately.

I love this woman's work. I think her dolls are absolutely gorgeous and I really like the realism. The non-model bodies, the real people faces, they totally work for me. That Dea in particular I just think she's gorgeous. If only I wouldn't have stop eating for six months just to be able to afford her, sigh...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Her goal is realism and she certainly has that - but the first one is just a bit too fashion doll looking for my tastes. I also looked at the specs - these aren't cast resin, they are porcelain! Ouch - careful handling for those definitely - and yea, I hate to think of the pricetag!

One of the things that got me into the resin BJDs is the affordability in comparison to the porcelain ones I wanted to buy.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Yea, these really don't fit in the same realm as what we buy and use our dolls for. Just for art's sake I really like her work. I'd never want a real porcelain doll though. Goodness, as many times as my boys faceplant? hahahaha... I'd have to keep her in a glass case. That's no fun! I do like the thicker bodies and the general idea behind her art. I'd like to see her overall concept translated to 1/4 and 1/3 scale resin. Then we could switch heads. ha!
Trethowan

Postby Evelien » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:15 pm

I love the realism of the bodies, but I think the eyes are painted on aren't they?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Trethowan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Evelien wrote:I love the realism of the bodies, but I think the eyes are painted on aren't they?

The eyes are painted one one, and plug-ins on another doll I think.
Trethowan

Postby arrowchild » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:18 pm

I like them! I wouldn't get one, but I certainly admire them-the joining looks lovely and I'm always a sucker for realism
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

I like the bodies a lot but I don't like the faces. In my opinion she went a bit too realistic they look like average looking women as in they aren't particularly beautiful in the sculpt intead of being idealized beautiful sculpts. The lips don't have a very nuanced shape. They do have nice eye shapes but the facial structure is also lacking interest for me.

In general my dolls don't have to be generically beautiful because I find quirks beautiful however these are generically average looking faces. I still find the body incredibly fluid and just lovely tho so i might consider a hybrid.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'