Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:23 am

Temptation is an Soom Little Gem Cheshire . Especially since I kept a MSD slot for Helen to range from 40cm to 50cm. I do like the surprise head. I have to go mull it over in a cardboard box especially since I can't remember why I didn't buy the grey version (Oh yeah Souldoll Vito Rail)

That and I'm still trying to point Helen in the general direction of a Dollmore Catish doll or a Dear Mine if not a Luts Zuzu Kid Delf
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 pm

I am finally getting a Hujoo Amie! Whoo Hoo! Monday I get to make a Kitsune!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Carrillo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I promised I'd stop once Iker was ready (currently in casting... Custom sculpts are so exciting but very slow!) but I kinda want to add a couple more to the collection. Despite the fact that my family are creeped out by them. :)
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

I am saving up for an Obitsu 50 body for Megu-Chun. Kula my 1/6 doll takes this as an opportunity to sneak in an upsizing application for the timesharing of the current Obi50 body with Helen(default Misuzu head) when Megu-Chun moves to the new one.

I just might get a Gretel head just to shut her up.

Clearly Parabox is aware of Kula's need to give visual representation of a blue hair Gretel.
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Right - this is a backburner project given that my 1/6 layaways are currently consuming all of my doll money - unless I manage to pick up a cheap head for this idea - anyone got any suggestions for a 1/3 scale sculpt with a fairly roman straight, pronounced looking nose, similar bone structure to Handsome Jack of Borderlands fame or Pavi Largo from Repo the Genetic Opera? (Yep totally doing my first gore-mod... So cheap suggestions are welcomed since I'd feel rather guilty if I butchered a 200usd head for this character! But either way unless I somehow manage to find say a thirty dollar practice head for this one it'll be a while)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:24 am

Having looked at Pavi and that he has a sort of seam line I'd start with what ever head I could get and put a layer of air dry clay over it like a mask. Premiere brand is light weight and dries pure white.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:21 am

So Volks is coming out with a new Doll for their DD line. At 50cm and somewhere between an MSD and a DDS. All I want to know is if I can mug said doll for clothes, or does my Obi50 have to go Sbust for said clothes (currently M Bust until she goes back to being L bust)
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Nimarkiva » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:35 pm

So, I still have a floating head I need to get a body for...but I was thinking about somebody else's awesome repaired BJD I saw recently on dA,where she had taken a broken fellow who had been gifted to her and fixed him up to an amazing creepy reanimated dead man. That was pretty neat.

.....then it hit me that I wanted to do the same for one of my all-time favorite characters in a book/short story series, Dead Boy. If she could take a stained up and broken BJD to make her awesome guy, why not do the same to make my version of Dead Boy? It's not like he isn't already described as being held together by duct tape and super glue.

My new goal is now to find a very battered up and abused BJD boy body, in the teenage-appearance range since DB died at 17, and fix it up to make it look even more beat up. This may actually be harder than it sounds, because who wants to admit they abused a dollieh like that? I'm hoping maybe someone has a practice doll that I could use or something.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:22 pm

DollyKim wrote:Having looked at Pavi and that he has a sort of seam line I'd start with what ever head I could get and put a layer of air dry clay over it like a mask. Premiere brand is light weight and dries pure white.

Thanks! Oops sorry - I left that question and then wasn't online properly for ages! :oops:

Yeah I've sort of got the mask bit down already, just hunting around for a head for the gore-mod of when the mask is removed. It's awkward since the mask is on the larger-size face-wise, I'm after a 9-10 head for sure, but with a large face too so sadly Impldoll is out. I'll keep looking, but it isn't urgent.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Qrinta » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:47 pm

For critter lovers like me. Aileen Doll is doing a surprise sale of one of their critters. Just ordered two. ^_^
http://www.aileendoll.com/product/greenery-ricota/328/?cate_no=1
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'