Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Tam I am » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:34 am

Kattriella wrote:
Tam I am wrote:I was going to say, I know where there's a five foot tall Obitsu for sale, but that's proly way too big and you've already picked somebody.

That would literally be the same size as I am. O-O Well, minus a couple inches, but still!

XD She's also been customized to look like Chii.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:30 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:Smartie Fortitude was one of my choices when I settled on Genesis instead. She has a lovely face. I'd like a cocoa girl, either Fortitude or Beyond. However, Danny keeps teasing about a boy doll being offered soon and I really would like one. But since I dropped Twitter, my chances of getting one are that much less. I wish he would do his announcements on a different platform.

Meantime, I ordered a Barbie to cosplay as my Sailor Mercury, but it's yet to be shipped. It's been more than 2 weeks and I'm getting a bit annoyed with Amazon.

Oooh, be sure to take photos of her when she's done!!!!! Excited!!! :D
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:46 am

I remember years ago someone had a life sized Chobits doll they were trying to sell.

It's not the size, it's being an Obitsu that would put me off now because I'd worry I couldn't get parts to fix her. But if she was in So Cal I would be tempted to take a drive to see her.

*Access and retrieval of all but 1 or 2 of the doll bins has been made. After some sorting I am hoping to get rid of a few dolls and heads. I also intend to get going on some non Monster reroots.

**I've stopped counting tubs BUT I have access to all my Barbies and we'll just say not Liv or World Peacekeepers so the one time only GTFO sale will commence soon. There are two Hollywood Hair Teresa dolls, a ready made Wednesday Addams who just needs clothes, heads, and who knows what.

So, anyone want to come over and help me sort thru 8 storage tubs of Barbies and 1 of 90s Skippers and Kelly dolls?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:46 pm

I so wish I lived close to you, that's right up my alley.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:44 am

I do too because I'd let you take a few home and we could hit both of the shops that get the good toys.

*Two grocery bags full of dolls and parts which include two blonde Hollywood Hair Theresas, a Western Stampin Tara, 90s Russian Barbie with outfit, and it's looking like the vintage Malibu gang could probably go because I somehow manifested a Casey/Twiggy sculpt needing a reroot in the skin tone I want.

Thought I had a few more then I remembered at the last house someone bought a batch off me, yay, and there's a good dozen clones to make decisions on. So if you know someone who collects Hong Kong clones I'd really like to thin the ranks out.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:36 am

DollyKim wrote:I remember years ago someone had a life sized Chobits doll they were trying to sell.

I've been following the life of that doll. LOL And the lady who is selling the big Obitsu is the one who originally imported Paper Moon Chii to the States.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Kattriella » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:11 am

So kenaiqueen has inspired me with her Sailor Mercury Barbie project, and now I want to make Sailor Dolls. I had originally planned to do so several years ago, but now I'm thinking I definitely want to do it. Maybe a Licca head/Obitsu body combo?
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:55 am

Search for Takara heads and dolls too, you might find a reasonably priced full doll with a head you like and clothes and stuff to boot. And don't forget about Jenny. The default Takara bodies aren't that bad, click knees and some have wire elbows, but if you flip them let Blythe owners know.

I have a Takara head on a Barbie body that works. Tall and Pivotal have that leggy anime look.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:51 am

DollyKim wrote:Search for Takara heads and dolls too, you might find a reasonably priced full doll with a head you like and clothes and stuff to boot. And don't forget about Jenny. The default Takara bodies aren't that bad, click knees and some have wire elbows, but if you flip them let Blythe owners know.

I have a Takara head on a Barbie body that works. Tall and Pivotal have that leggy anime look.

I was thinking Obitsu because they have different heights, so I could get some actual height different between the characters. I definitely need to try to score bodies for Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto soon, though, since I'd like to use the 27cm bodies for them and they are rapidly becoming harder to get.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:54 am

Best of luck!

The closest I got to making any Sailor Moon dolls was putting together same color outfits from what I had back in the day. Now I have the skills and supplies to make them costumes but there's no room for dedicated Sailor Moon.

Which is why I wish Barbie Made to Move dolls could swap heads easier. I'm looking at the curvy blonde MtM with the teal top and lavender shorts to be Cumulus Ghoulette/Mad Gallica (I'm telling kids she's Curvy Barbie anyway, lol). I also happen to like the other heads on the curvy bodies I have.

The idea this time was to get dolls from my home to someone else's.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'