Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:36 am

I realized I was developing a shopping addiction about 20 years ago when I had a combination of factors in my life that started with the necessity of buying basic needs when I finally got a regular income. Also I have like no dopamine (long story short) but I never know what will trigger the production in my brain.

My doll plans for the rest of the year now include- setting up the dollhouses, redecorating the baby buggy for the resins, and all the sorting, photographing, and other business I had planned back when we lived in a decent sized room. But after we move from what was a blessing and a port in a storm to our new home which will give me and the dolls a similar sized room/closet/bathroom size to what we had before.

So the nearly 3 year holding pattern will be over come the 1st. There is so much creativity to create!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:04 am

I already broke my own not buying more dollies rule, but I broke the rule on a couple of experiment dolls that I may return. They're not part of any franchise, they just... exist on Amazon and Ebay. I also ordered an Apple White doll, but she's specifically on my Searching For list.

To help gain focus on my doll collecting, I made a searching for character list and a brand avoiding list. My searching for character list is for wrapping up collections I already have. My avoiding brand list is to try to stop myself from starting new brands because they don't meet my base criteria or I don't have interest in them.

Yeah, I'm prolly gonna return those random dolls I ordered from Amazon... I mean, unless they really wow me in person, which they probably won't.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:25 am

I don't have 1/6 scale Miraculous Ladybug, among others, because they don't meet my standards. Unless I'm after a particular face or item all new Barbies have to be Made 2 Move or at the very least elbows and wrists on click knees. I should scoop up a bunch of the tennis players because I might have to replace some bodies for vintage heads if they go sticky.

Get out to the non Salvation Army and Goodwill thrift stores for doll hunts. Honestly all my 1/6 finds and the Volks MDD came from a Deseret store. They some how combine being not as picky as other donation places with being clean and bright. The other place I scored big was at an estate sale right under the nose of "I can spot Barbie ___ a mile away" because loose and needing a bit of a spa day after years in grandma's garage is nothing to me.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:19 pm

I have a Pizza Party Skipper whose neck broke and her head fell off. I intend to use her for photostory purposes, so I've decided that rather than trying to fix her, I'm going to get her a Creatable World body. I'm pretty sure the tan one with the curly blond hair will be a close enough match that it'll work, based on a picture I saw of said doll beside one of the Barbie Looks dolls.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:07 pm

I have both dolls, in storage, and if it's not the Skipper still it's her brunette friend Cortney. The tan curly blond Creatable World is too tan, think Adrien Agreste from Ladybug or Martin Gore, the black haired one which I also have might be a closer match or the strait blonde or freckled one.

I'm facing the same problems with my 90s Skippers and I'd body swap if I also didn't have a butt load of clothes and shoes. One of my projects after I move will involve seeing if I can make a replacement neck with a modeling compound and paint short of finding something like a 23-25cm Obitsu without a soft body so they won't stain.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:57 pm

DollyKim wrote:I have both dolls, in storage, and if it's not the Skipper still it's her brunette friend Cortney. The tan curly blond Creatable World is too tan, think Adrien Agreste from Ladybug or Martin Gore, the black haired one which I also have might be a closer match or the strait blonde or freckled one.

I'm facing the same problems with my 90s Skippers and I'd body swap if I also didn't have a butt load of clothes and shoes. One of my projects after I move will involve seeing if I can make a replacement neck with a modeling compound and paint short of finding something like a 23-25cm Obitsu without a soft body so they won't stain.

I'll probably still get the curly haired one for head swapping another doll, but thank you for the information! I'll try the other blond one for Skipper instead.
Kattriella

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:16 am

So Denver Doll announced a Fairyland PUKI-PUKI ReRelease starting tomorrow!!!!! Five unnamed sculpts (Fairyland isn't saying either) to be available to pre-order through March 10th.

I have already prepared my husband because if a certain little kitty is among those 5 sculpts, I am replacing the Pukisha I regret selling so many years ago!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Jobee » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:13 pm

Welp, my doll plans for this year have changed. I was going to get some Disney Princess dolls, and that's it. Unfortunately, I slept on the ones I wanted, and they're all sold out. They only came out last summer, but they haven't restocked ever, and almost every character is sold out now, and I'm not paying reseller prices. So, my Disney Princess plans are getting the axe. I'll keep the couple I managed to get, but I won't be getting any more. Shame.

Since I have to cancel my plans to buy Disney Princess dolls, I'm free to look into a new doll brand coming out next month. Decora Girlz dolls were previewed in a toy fair last September, and I was immediately interested. They are incredibly colorful, and have very stylized large heads and eyes. They don't seem to have a cartoon show or book series, but that's fine. They have a lot of personality in the doll designs alone. PR packages have gone out to a couple Youtubers, so I've gotten a closer look at them.

Rainbow High is dead to me. I will cherish the dolls I have still, but I'm not getting any of the Rainbow World brand.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:01 pm

I'm currently working on my Kelly collection. There's one doll I can't seem to get my hands on, the Happy Birthday Tea Party Nia that ISN'T one of the "Lemonhead" dolls. I had a lead on her, but the the seller messaged me and said they've searched everywhere and can't find her and had to refund me.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:01 am

Having all my dolls together in one room for the first time in three years, now that all is behind me, doing the photographing, cataloging, and parting with I promised them all those years ago, some head swaps on the super pale purple yoga top girls (still need mtm petite in that tone), new height comparison photo...

I can't help you with that Kelly, need to see if I ended up with any doubles first, but I'll have a decent amount of others to part with.

If anyone has or knows of a Sunset/Malibu Francie body, and body only, let me know. I have a m/s head on a Barbie body but her real body would be a nice touch.

*I did not need to know/realize those blind box BJDs have centaurs and mermaids because I've always wanted tinies like that.

**Finding my Phantom of the Paradise so I can put him in the new height comparison photo.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'