Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Jobee » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:56 pm

New Plan! Saw Decora Girlz in person, their heads are way too big. The doll's silhouette is a big old lollypop. Don't like it.

New plan new plan, buy Rainbow Brite mini-dolls. I got RB today, and I love her, I love her so freaking much. She's so smol and cute, and her limbs don't fall off, and I'm taking her everywhere I go, and I want more. More please, yes this.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:07 pm

On the list of "cool stuff I want to eventually make", a carousel. Like, a 3-4 foot wide carousel for the dolls. Eventually. Among other amusement park rides. Because of reasons.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:15 am

I remember seeing a ferris wheel like decoration at a store that had me thinking it would be a cool way to display dolls. And a carousel would be a cool way to display my Breyers but not with poles in them.

It'll be cool to see how you'd manage to pull this off.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 am

DollyKim wrote:I remember seeing a ferris wheel like decoration at a store that had me thinking it would be a cool way to display dolls. And a carousel would be a cool way to display my Breyers but not with poles in them.

It'll be cool to see how you'd manage to pull this off.

It's definitely a "not any time soon" project. I think I can use a wooden Lazy Susan to make it spin. MyFroggyStuff on YouTube made a small one with Breyers. She just sat them in front of the pole to imitate the look. I'd like to make one big enough to actually have benches as well as horses.
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

Man, I want more dolly plans so bad, but aside from waiting for the Rainbow Brite color kids to come out, I have nothing... I distracted myself with gundam-like model kits for a while, but tiny plastic robots just aren't as fun as little plastic women. I'm gonna try to get back into making Rainbow High fanfics and fanart. I have some great sketches that need to be inked and colored. I have unlimited possibilities on what I can sew for my dolls too, but I don't always have the inspiration or the spoons.

I've thought about ordering some heads from Emory and making MORE new dolls, but to what end? I have a lot to do for the dolls I have already...
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 pm

Jobee wrote:Man, I want more dolly plans so bad, but aside from waiting for the Rainbow Brite color kids to come out, I have nothing... I distracted myself with gundam-like model kits for a while, but tiny plastic robots just aren't as fun as little plastic women. I'm gonna try to get back into making Rainbow High fanfics and fanart. I have some great sketches that need to be inked and colored. I have unlimited possibilities on what I can sew for my dolls too, but I don't always have the inspiration or the spoons.

I've thought about ordering some heads from Emory and making MORE new dolls, but to what end? I have a lot to do for the dolls I have already...

I feel you. I'm stuck in moving limbo. My family can't make up their minds on whether or not to move, and I don't want to get started on something big and suddenly have to start packing.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:12 pm

Kattriella wrote:
Jobee wrote:Man, I want more dolly plans so bad, but aside from waiting for the Rainbow Brite color kids to come out, I have nothing... I distracted myself with gundam-like model kits for a while, but tiny plastic robots just aren't as fun as little plastic women. I'm gonna try to get back into making Rainbow High fanfics and fanart. I have some great sketches that need to be inked and colored. I have unlimited possibilities on what I can sew for my dolls too, but I don't always have the inspiration or the spoons.

I feel you. I'm stuck in moving limbo. My family can't make up their minds on whether or not to move, and I don't want to get started on something big and suddenly have to start packing.

Does it count as a temptation to be in the process of moving and sometimes having to put your foot down HARD that the dolls have to stay boxed?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:15 am

Having just moved and knowing what all of that is like might I suggest paper dolls?

You can put a piece of tracing paper over anything, you can put copy paper over your computer screen. They will fit in a folder or large envelope for travel. Coloring supplies and scissors don't take up much space.

I took pictures of my actual dolls wearing nothing or just underwear, printed and cut them out, and made clothes for them. I also have a bunch of paper dolls I sized small in photo editing software, printed out, and have in regular envelopes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:46 am

DollyKim wrote:Having just moved and knowing what all of that is like might I suggest paper dolls?

You can put a piece of tracing paper over anything, you can put copy paper over your computer screen. They will fit in a folder or large envelope for travel. Coloring supplies and scissors don't take up much space.

I took pictures of my actual dolls wearing nothing or just underwear, printed and cut them out, and made clothes for them. I also have a bunch of paper dolls I sized small in photo editing software, printed out, and have in regular envelopes.

Those are great ideas, but I don't have printing tech or the cash for it right now.

I even still have the tiny and small therapy dolls still out. And a whole bookmarrks folder of fun dollmakers at meiker, but I will see someone else through the side of a bin and be hit with want to hug now. lol
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'