Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:39 am

*Nevermind, my brain hurts.

Still not fully settled how I want to do the Cure dolls, so far making their bodies out of clothes to stuff is winning but I can't think if I want to do clay heads, hands, and feet or felt ones. Either way I'm not in any sort of doll making mood.
Last edited by DollyKim on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:20 pm

KirahFaye - that's a really cool idea :) Looking forward to seeing them done.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks! The Seorin head surprised us by arriving today (although I'm still not thrilled that it was sent regular mail with no insurance.......). It's a very cute head and the faceup will work for the time being, although the lids and lips are more sparkly than I'd like. Now I need to look for grey-blue eyes that look green sometimes. :lol: And probably get a custom wig from Frappzilla.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Nimarkiva » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Oh goodness...I just learned that I can get the head of the Doll Chateau Erwin, which is my grail doll. Not the body, it's always seemed a bit wonky to me, but the face is what makes that handsome fellow. For a while they only sold the full Erwin, body and all....but now the head on its own is available since I last drooled over their website and lamented my wallet's state.

Now I want to save up for the head and an RS body to go with it. I think I have a goal for my next saving-up project. <3

Eventually I want to get an RS body for the floating head I have, too, but now that I've found I can get just the head of the doll I've adored since I first saw that face....yup, that's my goal, I'd love to put together a hybrid with that head.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:43 am

Kirahfaye wrote:Now I need to look for grey-blue eyes that look green sometimes. :lol: And probably get a custom wig from Frappzilla.

Check out Masterpiece Eyes. Even their acrylic eyes look stunning.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:26 am

DollyKim wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote:Now I need to look for grey-blue eyes that look green sometimes. :lol: And probably get a custom wig from Frappzilla.

Check out Masterpiece Eyes. Even their acrylic eyes look stunning.

I've had Masterpiece Eyes before (may still have some - I'm terrible about remembering which eyes are what) and I agree that they are fabulous, especially for the price. My daughter has greyish blue eyes that change color depending on what she wears, her mood, etc. I don't think I'll be able to replicate that, but it will be fun (and expensive and frustrating, most likely :lol: ) to try to!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Vetinari » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 am

Kirahfaye - that idea sounds fantastic and lovely. I do hope you manage to get the dolls how you want them, because the whole thing sounds really sweet.

On a more selfish note - does anyone know a good source of Minifee sized sunglasses/glasses? (I believe the random pair of red specs that 1/4 scale Tony snagged are roughly that size, they're just a tad wider across than your average Monster High pair, sadly tried those, they wouldn't fit around Tony's noggin despite looking the part. (They might have been an azone pair? But I'm really not sure on that because I lost the packaging yonks ago), and he's totally demanding more pairs right now...)

Edit: Measured them and they're about 4cm across, but importantly they're quite springy
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Qrinta » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Anyone see the new SpiderSheep from Doll Chateau? I thought their first spider girl was interesting but a bit too creepy but I seriously love these new ones. Maybe it's just the purple body blushing speaking to me. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:50 am

Too many small things turn me off from Doll Chateau. I'd love to have a realistic looking spider.

Practicality us dampening my plans and ideas for Cure dolls. Experiments with sewing have yet to produce any form of 1/6 scale soft sculpture body that can fit the clothes I already have. Any extra sewing is worth doing so the bulk of the other boys can share it too. I have plenty of DML bodies to use but short of blank featureless heads to work on I don't want to begin to look for someone to base Boris on.

If anyone reading this wants a zillion dollar idea make blank featureless figure heads with different neck styles (Dragon, Hot Toys, BBI) for sculptors to make faces on. Be your best customer.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:04 am

We received the dolly body and Seorin head. I ordered a new neck connector unit from DDE and preordered regular flat feet (I'm not a fan of the Moe feet). The faceup needs to be redone, but it will work for now - it's not overly girly. :)

The chest modding and nipple highlighting that the original owner did is the best I've ever seen. I noticed that in the seller's photos, but in person it's even better. I'm still thinking about getting a small or cutie chest (I have the Fairyline one on that body), but that's a future idea.

We have to wait until the doll meeting later this month to put her together because I suck at restringing..... :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'