Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 am

Granado just re-release Pluto.... I er.... have a young man(plushie critter dude if you like) by the name of Eric waving an application form at me and going about how his parents (Jack and Helen) have green lighted his crossing over(they claim they were only testing wine glass props and not over drinking)

For the moment Eric hasn't done like Kula or Jack did in terms of jumping into a sculpt and not leaving. But he's making himself heard very loudly. I am amused that the sculpts he chosen are pretty much Jack's backup/alt sculpts. I don't know how long he'll be waving his application form about, other than I'm kinda waiting for AFA to see if Helen can counter his choice sculpt of Smart doll Eiji if and when Smart Dolls come over for display.

Oh and Foxy-kun my fox plushie is annoyed that Eric joined the "I want to be a dollieh too!" bandwagon
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:17 am

Okay Iplehouse has an event(8 Nov to 1st Jan) in which free shipping is involved. This is greatly appreciated since I have plans to move Jack to a 2nd generation renewed body(double jointed) and getting another head.

The 1/6 doll house will either be pushed back a little or I would get one shelf ahead the other three (I'm not sure how things got to getting four shelves in all instead of just one shelf....)

Looks like someone is trying to be the Christmas doll, second time around.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Free shipping for the rest of the year... The temptations! Harder to ignore getting Chase and Carina with free shipping. XD Doll Choice doesn't seem to be going yet for this month so I'm safe for now. XD

Doll Chateau is trying to kill me with envy for their event dolls. XD I passed up on the grumpy cat demons but Pegacorn! So pretty. T_T

Aaand Aileen Doll is coming out with their last dragon sculpt! Haha. Dragon wins out for me. XD And all the little dragon scales.

Edit: And Iplehouse is discounting Doll Choice plus the free shipping...
Though I think I've convinced myself I'm more of an MSD/Tiny doll owner after putting my wishlist in a cart and seeing the cost. XD.

Missed the dragon scales. Was sort of hoping they would stay available till the new dragon came out. New dragon is Purple! <3 I was hoping for a big purple dragon. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Qrinta » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Gah! Aileen Dolls is coming out with another Pico Lapis dragon. I have one, but this one is adorable too... I love the Lapis sculpt.

Pico Lapis Desert Version
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Waiiiii!!!! :) :) :)

So excited and pleased!! I finished sculpting and gave my custom Hans 1/3 head a faceup a couple weeks ago, but his eyes didn't come until today. (I bought those DiY eyes so I can make his eyes HIS eyes!) I finished his head today---eyes and wig, and I'm sooooo pleased!!!! I think....I think I really am satisfied with his outcome!! I was skeptical and kept saying to myself 'If he doesn't come out as I'd like, I'll try to resell him....' but I don't think I will!!! I think I'm in love! He's gorgeous! :squeals:

Now, just waiting on his Venitu body to arrive. I hope it gets here soon!!! It's been 3 weeks since I bought it (2nd hand) and the tracking says it'll be here in 5 days! (The seller didn't mail it for a week or two) I hope it's a good match sizewise and that he arrives unbroken! :)

After I get it and hopefully get his custom head on nicely, then I'll have to see about making his outfit!!! I bought his boots from MiroDoll but they won't be arriving till next month I think (hope.) I bought several bodies and boots during their January New Year Sale, which they didn't confirm nor start working on at all until Feb 12, so.......at least 6 weeks from then, right? Or the Lunar New Year vacation they had might make them fall behind, too....so.....hmmmm. Well, I hope they can finish and ship sooner than later, but I'll be patient. :lol:

And.....I know I want his gloves.....that's almost as important as the whole rest of his outfit!!!

Wish me luck!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:46 pm

...Mostly my plans involve completing dolls and figures... Speaking of which I need to work up the courage to attempt a 1/6 scale paintjob for the first time in years. Eep! I think at the very least I need to pick up one of those magnifying stands/lens set-ups so I can actually see what I'm painting. I've no idea how they get the lines so fine but I'm going to have to try and work it out, or braeve the face-up commissioning circuit for the first time! (And on the action-figure side of this hobby too - eep!)

Urgh it's a bit nerve-wracking, but on the plus side these heads actually have sculpted-in facial features unlike the rather ...blank Obitsus that leave almost all of that up to you, so hopefully these headsculpts will be the almost-paint-themselves type.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Qrinta » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 am

All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 am

That IS sweet .... but I really love my dyslexia, because at first glance I thought you said baby giraffe! :mrgreen:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:13 pm

A giraffe would also be pretty adorable. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'