Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Katriella-san, what are the chest, waist and hips circumference of the FR homme bodies? Are they a lot taller than Fashionista Ken dolls? I've been looking for a taller male body for one of my 1/6 dolls and am wondering the FR measurements. :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:Katriella-san, what are the chest, waist and hips circumference of the FR homme bodies? Are they a lot taller than Fashionista Ken dolls? I've been looking for a taller male body for one of my 1/6 dolls and am wondering the FR measurements. :)

I have to dig out my measuring tape to get the exact measurements, but yeah, Home boys are definitely bigger overall than the Ken Fashionistas. I believe Integrity Toys lists them at around 13 inches tall. Ken clothes don't fit them pretty much at all, although I can get some Ken shirts to for VERY snuggly. Pants are pretty much out of the question, though, unless MAYBE you've got some shorts with some give. Their legs are longer and they actually have a butt (plus a bit of a bulge up front since they're meant to fill out clothes like a model would, and IT doesn't have to worry about parents freaking out over their kids being exposed to plastic in an even remotely recognizable shape. Also, NO MOLDED ON UNDERWEAR THANK YOU JEEBUS.

But yeah, they're overall taller than the Fashionistas Ken dolls by quite a bit (which is why I like them for the characters I chose), but they're not so out of proportion that they'll look super out of place with other 1:6 scale dolls, especially if the character is meant to be taller anyway. I'll dig out my measuring tape in just a bit and get exact measurements, though.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:35 am

Tall and slender or tall and generally bigger all around? I've had some adventures with taller guys.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 am

DollyKim wrote:Tall and slender or tall and generally bigger all around? I've had some adventures with taller guys.

Tall and slender! :) Definitely not 'Mr Universe' type of body. Looking for tall, with some musculature (like Neo Goh Guy muscles) but not bulky or big. :)

Any suggestions?
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:05 am

SetsunaKou wrote:
DollyKim wrote:Tall and slender or tall and generally bigger all around? I've had some adventures with taller guys.

Tall and slender! :) Definitely not 'Mr Universe' type of body. Looking for tall, with some musculature (like Neo Goh Guy muscles) but not bulky or big. :)

Any suggestions?

Integrity Toys Homme dolls (the guys) are taller dolls than Ken, but a similar in body type. They're muscled, but not like and action figure. They have definition to their muscles, but they're not bulky.
Kattriella

Postby Qrinta » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 pm

LUTS is coming out with Tiny Satyresses. Which I'm thinking might be Tiny Taurs with Antlers....
Aileen Doll has some special edition winter Ashes coming out... White Angel and Black Angel makes me think they will be the Ashes dragon sculpts with feathered wings like Shy...

All the temptations! :shock:
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 am

Kattriella wrote:
SetsunaKou wrote:

Any suggestions?

Integrity Toys Homme dolls (the guys) are taller dolls than Ken, but a similar in body type. They're muscled, but not like and action figure. They have definition to their muscles, but they're not bulky.

There's the Dollsfigure narrow, on the left with the painted nipples, he's also anatomical. I needed a taller than average but trim guy and he fits many "average" sized 1/6 action figure clothes. His friend is a True Type M22.
And he fits Ken clothes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:21 am

So, at the Hong Kong doll convention, Dollmore unveiled a new Trinity sculpt. She’s gorgeous! She has Elysia’s open mouth but her eyes are larger, like a more mature version of Lumie. She apparently has a larger bust, too, and her fullset outfit is amazing. I think of the Red Queen from Alice in wonderland for some reason.

I am so tempted to get this girl! My saving grace is Dollmore hasn’t posted her up for sale on the site yet, and of the five available three were already sold. But now I hear they might make her a limit of 10 instead, and she’s going to be posted sometime this month. I think in future they’ll release other sets for her, too, but I really love this version.
Stormlight

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 am

Stormlight wrote:So, at the Hong Kong doll convention, Dollmore unveiled a new Trinity sculpt. She’s gorgeous! She has Elysia’s open mouth but her eyes are larger, like a more mature version of Lumie. She apparently has a larger bust, too, and her fullset outfit is amazing. I think of the Red Queen from Alice in wonderland for some reason.

By any chance you mean her? She's huge!
Yeah my camera don't them enough justice. Some Dollism Plus11 pics that survived. Still processing my own pics. Am very impressed by the size of the event and this time in a language I can speak.

*flees
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm

YES! That's the one! <3 She'd fit right in with my other two Trinities. Probably have to buy another chair for her to sit in, though. :lol:
Stormlight

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'