Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:40 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Oooh, a birdy. Is she going to be a bird or maybe a plague doctor?

Bird! Gonna get some feathers and see if my dad can use his 3d printer to help me make some jointed talons as well. It's a remake of an old BJD mod I did, and I don't fancy having to sculpt talons from scratch again!
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Luka is one of the female Vocaloids that I'm fond of and on my playlist along with Meiko and Gumi. My fondess for the trio gotten to the point whereby my own crew cosplayed them(Helen, Erika, Randal and both Kula and Yuri sharing the Gumi costume). The Vocaloid costumes were eventually retired and my own dolls form their own "pop group" under the AKB/Idomasters style of having one group with many sub units within. :lol:

Now that Luka is out, I'm not sure if its because I want her or the fact that I could upsize Erika after close to 10 years of resisting getting a Dollfie. Erika herself is comfortably 1/6 at the moment and neutral about upsizing (more props and things on the 1/6 front). Also she doesn't mind upszing to an Iplehouse Aria if I go that way. Erika herself would appreciate it if I renew her 1/6 head since her hair and faceup has faded rather badly.

Either I'm still holding out for Meiko to use as DD Helen (again) or I just want the smaller size DDS/ DDP because I love the comfortable Obitsu 50cm size.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 am

Luka is my favorite Volcaloid. Her doll form looks fantastic!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 am

So Fancy Fairy Angela is making doll sized fairy wings. Her stuff is a bit pricey but it is always beautiful and well made.
FairyWings

Aileen Doll is finally coming out with Pico Shy. Super excited. ^_^

And resin Pico Shy is finally getting close to release! No date yet but they've updated their site banner. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Qrinta » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Dollzone's event doll is a Jellyfish... Why so evil!

Event Doll LuMu
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:46 am

Because there's a fine line between weird and beautiful and it's covered with jellyfish.

If someone on the board ends up with an extra one I might be interested.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Janeway » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:49 pm

I found a new BJD company called dream Valley. I put one of there 1/6 dolls on layaway with DDE.

I am getting back into the 1/6 size due to when l move the space will be small. Plus the 1/6 are cute.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:48 am

DollMix is offering a preorder of sorts for the Jellyfish so I’m trying that route for now. I have one last character to add to my kings court crew and I think DollZone Rowell would fit him so that is also an option.

I think Rowell will fit in nicely with the other three.
Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:31 am

I might be in big dollieh trouble now that Volks decides to touch on Rose of Varsailles. Dunno if its gonna be as a bjd or dollfie yet but that anime series fascinated me.

*goes off to see if can get Helen a suitable blond wig and suit
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby werepuppy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:06 pm

So, thanks to receiving dear little Sera as a birthday gift... I'm saving up to get another Pure Neeemo. I'm constantly scrolling through Mandarake to find one I like. They're all really cute though, so... I know, I know, such an issue.

Plans for further down the road include upgrading Mildred to a 24cm obitsu body hopefully. Also debating a few more potential kit-bashes, hut those would be subject to funds/time.
werepuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'