Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Evelien » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 am

Stormlight wrote:You can't threaten to report them to the authorities if they don't fix it and pay you what they owe? I mean, I'm sure there are records proving you've been working full time. That really sucks that they continue to get away with that.

The problem is, I've called them every month so far and they've been very friendly and helpful every time, they've always given me an advance to take care of the problem temporarily. So in the end, I had enough money to get by every month. It's just flabbergasting that it's taking them this long to get the problem fixed in the long run though -_-

I was talking about wanting a Lati White or PukiPuki a few posts ago... well... I caved and bought a Soom/Neo.AngelRegion Capellini, which is about the same size and a bit cheaper and very cute and hardly anybody seems to have one ^^.

Yeah... I'm bad. -_-
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

*bump* because I still think this topic is fun! What's your current wishlist?

Mine is quite empty after my, er, collection switch :P. I just ordered what I want to have for Carly, which is all the MNF hands that exist :P. I got #1 and #3 from Triskel Fantasy's stock, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow, and my girl came with #7, so I ordered #2, #4, #5, #6 and #8 in a Fairyland group order on DoA, lol! I wanna give three pairs of hands the same soft peachy pink nail colour that I put on Carly's current hands, and the other 4 pairs I wanna give funky colours, like a different colour on every nail or something :P.

Other than that, the only thing on my wishlist is more faceplates for Carly once I can afford them. Another Sist faceplate to practice faceups on - and at some point replace the current faceplate when a faceup turns out great - and a sleeping, winking and perhaps bully faceplate :)

What about you guys? ^^
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby happyknot » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 pm

There is only one doll that I "desperately" want, and have wanted from the time I first entered this hobby, and that is a Volks Shinshiya - a discontinued mold. It is this mold which got me to take the plunge into the doll hobby a very long time ago.

Many opportunities to buy her passed me and now they are gone forever.

At one point I put up a WTB thread in the DOA Marketplace and someone offered me a Volks Misia - which is the exact same sculpt but with wing shaped ears instead of elf ears. They were asking a very low price for the doll which was also very minty (original box, assembly pamphlet, etc) and I found it suspicious so I declined - I also don't like the wing ears at all and you can't buy the ears separately.

*sigh* But this doll...she's "the one". You know?

When she was in production she wasn't very popular and the people who did buy her would damage her face so badly. It is rare to find one with an unmodified face or missing ears now - if you even see one in the market at all.

T___T
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby PerlaNemesis » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm still dreaming of getting a DD and Obitsu 65cm male. Not gonna happen anytime soon, though. I get distracted by new dolls too easily. Recently saw some cute Yo-SDs on DoA... But now I have a tiny spark of hope that I will get Angell-Studio girl! I have been looking at them even before I had my Sayuri. :) Maybe this girl will end up as main character of my story? I think Angell-Studio girls look quite similar to her. ^^
But everytime I see DD Sabers my heart shatters a bit. Saber isn't my favorite character in Fate universe. I found her annoying in F/SN and rather stupid on F/Z but I still want to get her DD version. ^^; Mostly I'm in love with Alter even though I only saw her in Carnival Phantasm and never played original VN. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby TatsuKitty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I think this hobby is nothing but want for me sometimes. XD
TatsuKitty
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Sarah » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:56 pm

TatsuKitty wrote:I think this hobby is nothing but want for me sometimes. XD

Oh goodness yes. Currently I am saving up for a minifee and a JID~ My fiance wants a doll of his own, and he loves JID Boris! I wanted a doll to pair with him, and after looking at pictures it seems that a minifee girl is perfect. I'm hoping to have them both before our wedding, which is luckily at least a year off so I have time to save:D

Other than that I am always falling in love with new tinies. Almost all of them, the tiny section on any forum is always a dangerous place for me!
Sarah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Every time I see a new Feeple 60 body photo or review I can't stop dreaming about a Unoa Zero/Feeple 60 hybrid.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Dirili » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I want aaaaall the dolls! All the dolls in the world!
Muahahahaha! *lightning strikes in the background*

My doll obsession is all about the big ones... I keep finding larger and larger dolls that I really want to have lol. The more realistic the sculpts the better, but also really like to have a range of characteristics, like it's neat to have some skinny and some muscular guys (though I definitely prefer muscular), and some thin girls and some buxom girls. So I've been feeling like I need one of all these different bodytypes.

With my latest binge, I think I've got about 4/5ths of everything I want now... there's one hard to find doll that I found on Taobao, but I'm lucky enough to have a Chinese friend taking a look at it for me to try to determine if they can if it's a legitimate version or not. *prays*

All that's left that I REALLY want is IOS's Lacrimosa and and Asleep Eidolon's mermaid Crystal. Kind of been losing interest in Crystal a bit lately though. Not just because I'm annoyed with AE, but I tend to like more adult looking dolls most of the time. Most of my collection is that way, so her childish looks don't quite fit in with most of the rest of the collection. Then again, like I said, I do like contrast... I'm so on the fence.
Last edited by Dirili on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:49 pm

My wants keep changing. My original goal was to get two dolls. A Boy and girl to portray my two favorite RP characters. But then I think, but I want his best friend who is my friends charrie and then I want my other boy who is my all time favorite. And then I have issues because the faces I like are all big dolls and none of these charries are in the same height range. Not to mention the price of big dolls. ><

What I really decided I wanted last year but never bought because I wasn't willing to spend the money while they were in stock at JS so will now have to wait for an order or something to get them.

Dollzone Shoyo and Dollzone Alpha. I love alpha's face but he's so huge! Even if my friend thinks he's creepy. XD And Shoyo is adorable.

Because everyone has such adorable tinies I'm kind of leaning towards an RS Yu, such a cutie.

And now that I found iplehouse and all their really pretty sculpts... I want Tedros and Carina, I bought Leona (who ended up being almost as expensive as Alpha would have been and he was a fullset. >< She's just got a wig and shoes) in July so into my first month of waiting Gah! I love all their dolls. Must see about getting a real job next summer or something but it may just have to wait a year or so before I get anything else.

Then I'm really interested in the Obitsus because I could do some very basic faces anime or whatever and they have a lot of ranges for heights that would be really helpful for my group. Plus they're not nearly as expensive as the other dollies.

Oh, and I really want one of Kiki-Chan's dolls because they are adorable and I know for a fact will pose like a champ. :P
Last edited by Qrinta on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby TatsuKitty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Sarah wrote:
TatsuKitty wrote:I think this hobby is nothing but want for me sometimes. XD

Oh goodness yes. Currently I am saving up for a minifee and a JID~ My fiance wants a doll of his own, and he loves JID Boris! I wanted a doll to pair with him, and after looking at pictures it seems that a minifee girl is perfect. I'm hoping to have them both before our wedding, which is luckily at least a year off so I have time to save:D

Other than that I am always falling in love with new tinies. Almost all of them, the tiny section on any forum is always a dangerous place for me!

I've only succumbed to one 1/12 and one 1/6th so far. The 1/12 is with me, the 1/6 is still waiting. (four months now... @_@) but I want a migidoll jina head, and an elfdoll Vivien head, and a dollzone mo head, and this wig here, and that one, OH and these eyes, and these shoes!! XD I'm a college student and most of my money gets put for other things (like art supplies, books, and food @.@ ) so it's usually a mad scramble and years of saving. It took me a year to save up for Havok, and five months to save towards the migidoll.
TatsuKitty
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'