Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:23 am

This would be historically accurate for Snow White.

So would this

All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:37 pm

I came to realize that getting started on a Disney Princess collection was just me trying to fill a Rainbow High shaped hole in my life. I like my Snow White doll, but I wanna play with my Rainbow High dolls again. Besides, rumor has it Rainbow High is getting a generation 2 next year, so I might try to finish my gen 1 collection. I'm not trying to get them all, but I really wanted to finish the season 1 cast, and a couple others. I still need Poppy, Amaya, Daria, and Gabriella.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:28 am

A friend on Facebook (TinyBear) posted this and I found it interesting. I thought some of you looking for sewing inspiration might as well. (I couldn't get it to take the image so I put it on my Gyazo)
https://gyazo.com/b693db161872f10b2061c9ad98bd8784
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:03 pm

Ooh, I love anything to do with natural dyes!
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:49 am

Yep, trying to wrap up my Rainbow High collection now. I have a Poppy Rowan on it's way, and I'm just going to get a couple more characters, then I should be good. From the main cast, I still need Amaya Raine. I would also like Daria Roselyn and Gabriella Icely, and then I should be done, I hope. I don't have very much interest in the newer characters.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:51 am

When money starts coming back in, I still need to finish my Barbie Looks collection, and then pick up some more Disney ILY 4ever stuff.
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:31 pm

I know I say this every year, and I always screw it up, but I'm really gonna try my hardest this year to not buy into another new doll line, and just play with and sew for the dolls I already have. I've completed my Rainbow High collection, I have enough dolls. I don't need the new Bratz dolls, or Barbie Dream Teens, or more Monster High character repeats, and I'm certainly not going to start buying dolls that come with slime. I have enough dolls. My dolls are very pretty. Time to back away slow before the Barbie VS Bratz war kicks up again, which it probably will, and I don't want any part in it.

I want to focus on crafting and making doll related art.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:07 pm

I've had to start downsizing, as we're planning to move some time next year, but I still plan to finish my Barbie Looks collection. My birthday is in a couple months, and I know my grandmother will get me at least one, if I ask. My mother might not understand my hobby, but my grandmother likes that I'm easy to shop for.
Last edited by Kattriella on Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:12 am

You need to take a good look at yourself and your life and see if you can figure out why you feel the need to keep buying so many dolls. I cna understand wanting a full set/cast of critters from a show but too many lines these days are about pumping out new characters to make toys. My last gotta get them all was the original run of Monster High and I liked the change of looks which helped me stop. I almost fell for Miraculous Ladybug but a chance encounter with one at a junk store helped me not get in to them.

Early on in my doll collecting I was okay with having like a pair, one boy and one girl, or just boys. When I ran my website I used it as a bit of an excuse to buy different brands so I could compare but I also had a Re Ment problem which dented my wallet. That was definitely filling a childhood hole and I hate to say it but finally having a neat dollhouse no one else could break or take did do me some good.

I come from generations of hoarding, certain ways of thinking about money, and other circumstances that have basically given my being a concave shape that wants to be filled with stuff. There is no object I will ever own that will fix that. I've also had just enough whatever that I was able to recognize all of that and break thru. A few years where a prescription medication was contributing to my need to shop aside I know I will do it to search for dopamine. With the combination of brain stuff I have going on I can't even begin to predict when or where I'll find any.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:12 pm

I took what you said very seriously, I want you to know. I seriously considered that maybe I have a shopping addiction, and watched some videos about shopping addiction, but nothing seemed to fit. Then I realized. I'm not buying random shit. I'm buying miniature FRIENDS. So I watched some videos on loneliness, and things were ringing a lot more true to me. I also popped open my Amazon history, and my Steam rewind. On months that I was in a social MMO game, I didn't buy any dolls. When I quit gaming socially, I bought a lot more dolls. I know that there's a much deeper rooted problem here, but I'm going to start by getting back into Guild Wars 2. I have two more expansions I paid for that I haven't played yet, I know a friendly guild I can hang out with, the pieces are all there. I'm also going to talk to my therapist about this when she comes back from her well deserved January vacation.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'