Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Stormlight » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

You can't threaten to report them to the authorities if they don't fix it and pay you what they owe? I mean, I'm sure there are records proving you've been working full time. That really sucks that they continue to get away with that.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby EAB » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

First I just want my two Realpukis to come. Then I want a Roro, but unemployment checks don't go very far. And I still need a body for my floating Joshua head. My grail doll of the moment is RS Lian in white on a Dai body.
I don't even LOOK at Iple House or Soom. Might as well want the moon.
My tax return check was $35.
BUT having decided to try to finish projects (as mentioned in another thread), I am having a great time using up my collected-over-years stash to make stuff for my current dolliehs, so I am happy, and so are they (except, possibly, Joshua, who has no body. But I did get him a wig he looks nice in).
EAB

Postby Opalwhisker » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 am

-sigh- i REALLY want a Soom Alk *A* i just adoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee him! ;A; but A) it was limited edition and is now sold out and B) I'm a broke highschooler whose parents wont let her get a job :T I've yet to even FIND one up for sale, let alone up for sale by someone who would let me pay for it on my schedule since i don't have a regular income.....but if i could find that doll with that kind of seller ;A; that doll would have a great home I would love him to pieces ughhhhhh why did it have to be limited editionnnnnn? ;A;
Hi! I'm kind of new to... well... everything! ^^; please excuse any stupid questions I might have.
I love to draw and I'm interested in starting to learn how to do face ups!
My Deviant Art page: http://opalwhisker.deviantart.com/
My Icon was not drawn by me, but by a close friend of mine! It does feature my character Pidge though!
Opalwhisker
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 am

Angelsdoll Kruz, Iplehouse Asa, Iplehouse Kamau, Simply Divine Harlequin head, a Soom body to stick it on, and of course the usual one of each of the Resinsouls. I'm really tempted to get a summer temp job after I get back from Japan and go on a doll-buying spree. Wouldn't the hubby just LOVE that? ha! I don't have anywhere to keep the horde I've got. I need a giant dollhouse. YES!! A GIANT DOLLHOUSE!! ahahahahaa...
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby richila » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:17 am

Trethowan wrote:Angelsdoll Kruz, Iplehouse Asa, Iplehouse Kamau, Simply Divine Harlequin head, a Soom body to stick it on, and of course the usual one of each of the Resinsouls. I'm really tempted to get a summer temp job after I get back from Japan and go on a doll-buying spree. Wouldn't the hubby just LOVE that? ha! I don't have anywhere to keep the horde I've got. I need a giant dollhouse. YES!! A GIANT DOLLHOUSE!! ahahahahaa...

Don't we all? That's what Cirquemom has.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Aspirations for my 1st 1/3 scale are further away than ever... Have completely fallen out of love with the resinsoul sculpts... Not sure why/what it was that's made that happen! So now am looking at random other companies, got to admit I adore 5stars new 1/3 boy - but their body puts me off somewhat... gah
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Vycem » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Oh man, I'm new and I'm already trying to contain myself.

My first official bjd (1/3 Azone using an Obitsu body...48 cm I believe?) is released late May, so I've been putting aside the money for that. I also broke down and got the pieces to put together two other outfits for it. Eventual plans include getting an SQLabs head to replace the closed eyes head it comes with, as well as eyes.

I'm also trying to do the Volks lottery for the Persona 4 Rise Dollfie Dream, because I just LOVE the Persona games. But I don't trust the whole lottery business.

Those two aside, I am completely in love with the limited edition Soom Idealian Albany Aviatrix limited edition. I am so angry I got into the hobby six months after that limited edition stopped existing. I am a huge WWI fan and the outfit is just incredible. My only hope is that maybe other companies make similar outfits, or someone down the line gets bored and sells theirs...(hah!). Other than eBay, is there a second hand market for BJDs? I'd kill for any tips on finding her... I mean... seriously, I could really use tips on ever finding her!

Long term, I'm interested in an Angelsdoll Gina as a base to see if I can maybe do Maria from Silent Hill 2. I like the look of the Zaoll muse, but she's a bit pricey, and I want to research more about French resin. And I heard very, very good things about Luts dolls, so I'm keeping my eyes open for a sculpt that catches my fancy.
Vycem
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:54 pm

You can try Den of Angels marketplace? They sell lots of secondhand BJD (I've gotten quite a few in my collection that way), although sometimes prices are jacked up to ridiculous extremes. I suspect Ebay is the same way, though.

As for Dollmore's Zaoll, they do sell her in urethane resin, for a bit less than the French resin (only four-hundred-something as opposed to five-hundred-something). I want to buy her in urethane, as French resin tends to yellow a lot faster. My gray Bambicrony elf girl is French resin and she has yellowed horribly, despite my best efforts to keep her out of light, and not evenly, either.
Stormlight

Postby kittyasauras » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am

I want to buy one of the clearance dollzones... sell the head and keep the body. haha I love that new curvy body. :>
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:29 am

My plans are to bring the parents of my little family home first. Currently in the running are DZ Alpha and DZ June. I've also thought that Doll Chateau's Colin would make a cute brother for Aria.

Sadly, all plans are currently in the unforeseeable future.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'