Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Vetinari » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:54 pm

...All going to plan I should be getting in on the PO for this guy (which will bring this month's budgetary status from 'careful now' to bargain-aisle shopping... :lol: But it'll be worth it):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128136139 ... 2134/page1

So excited about this one - found the head completely out of the left-field, but he completely embodies the arrogant elf-Lord that I've been trying to shell for ages. I'd honestly never thought I'd get this perfect combination of realistic, but distinctly non-human style, elf ears and Cyberpunk parts.

All of the previous sculpts I'd considered either captured the arrogance/elfishness - but definitely not the masculine ethereal side (ahem AOD Jimi which is a sculpt I still adore, but really doesn't match the style of the other 'adults' in my gang), or caught the masculinity but needed a hell of a lot doing to them to make them into a passable elven lord/prince.

Seriously I love this artist's work so much... Budget permitting I can see more of these heads in my group's future, especially given the attention to detail on not just the headsculpts themselves, but the add-on parts too.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:17 am

I purchased a Maudlynne Macabre from the Tonner sale and expect her to arrive tomorrow! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:00 am

Oh, and it looks like I'll be purchasing back the Volks Four Sisters doll I had to sell several months ago. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Ugh... I have to stay away from Dollshe. The new Adonis sculpt is near perfect for a character I've been wanting to make. They have a sale right now and I have a 30% off coupon on top of that. Then there's paypal credit which will let me make payments for 6 months.... NO! Stop thinking about it! Argh!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:55 am

Everybody in this threading talking about BJDs, and I'm just over here in the corner like, ". . . I collect fashion dolls. *waves*"
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 am

Kattriella wrote:Everybody in this threading talking about BJDs, and I'm just over here in the corner like, ". . . I collect fashion dolls. *waves*"

Don't get me started on fashion doll talking. I still owe my dolls their shelf diorama. Their campfire turn ranch diorama blueprints seems to have train tracks and wagons added on lately. My 1/6 videogame based girl is using my sort of a cowboy(if only his special edition) bjd as an excuse to justfiy a western themed diorama

The dolls in charge of the Chinese dojo courtyard, Japanese dojo and the music and dance room don't even expand their blue prints that much.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
Kattriella wrote:Everybody in this threading talking about BJDs, and I'm just over here in the corner like, ". . . I collect fashion dolls. *waves*"

Don't get me started on fashion doll talking. I still owe my dolls their shelf diorama. Their campfire turn ranch diorama blueprints seems to have train tracks and wagons added on lately. My 1/6 videogame based girl is using my sort of a cowboy(if only his special edition) bjd as an excuse to justfiy a western themed diorama

The dolls in charge of the Chinese dojo courtyard, Japanese dojo and the music and dance room don't even expand their blue prints that much.

I'll never understand how little bits of plastic and resin become so demanding . . . Like, just the other day, I realized my Chambray Chic Fashionista's hair was beyond saving from the dreaded Mattel Glue Head Syndrome. I've used Goo Gone as a temporary fix twice in the last year alone, but she and I both came to an agreement that it was too serious to salvage her hair. So, she agreed to let me chop it off in preparation for a reroot. As compensation, I finally agreed to let her have the spare Made to Move body I had lying around. She's been eyeing it for some time now, reminding me that it isn't fair that she can't wear all the pretty clothes I have for the other dolls. So a deal was made. Fine, right?

Well, it just so happens that I also have an Ella doll, the doll Mattel created that is usually only available to parents or doctors/nurses of children with cancer (I got her secondhand on eBay). Ella offered Delanie (the now bald Fashionista) her spare wig, and somehow tricked me giving her the only Made to Move body I had that matches her skintone. (Luckily, it was also a spare from another character I was planning who wound up with an entirely different body.) NOW they've both decided that they're coming along on my trip next week, and Delanie has pack HALF THE CLOTHING WARDROBE and over twelve pairs of shoes. I don't even know if the two of them will make it out of my bag, but they insisted on coming along . . . How did this happen? Please, somebody explain to me how this happened. I can't even.
Kattriella

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 am

[quote="Kattriella] How did this happen? Please, somebody explain to me how this happened. I can't even.[/quote]

I wish I know, the dolls have a better idea of what they want to wear and who they want to recruit for the household. Or which doll sculpt they want to be shell in.
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:[quote="Kattriella] How did this happen? Please, somebody explain to me how this happened. I can't even.[/quote]

I wish I know, the dolls have a better idea of what they want to wear and who they want to recruit for the household. Or which doll sculpt they want to be shell in.[/quote]

I don't even know how this happened. Delanie and Ella weren't even characters I had planned . . . Ella was just the name of the Barbie doll, and Delanie was just named so because I liked the face of the doll and decided to name her . . . Now she's taken over. OAO;
Kattriella

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Kattriella wrote:I don't even know how this happened. Delanie and Ella weren't even characters I had planned . . . Ella was just the name of the Barbie doll, and Delanie was just named so because I liked the face of the doll and decided to name her . . . Now she's taken over. OAO;

Thats the plan. to take over the over world :lol:

I dropped my aforementioned videogame girl(Kula) from my character make list. I was testing wigs on a blank head for my face character of the same series. I put on Kula's wig on that head. Kula happened and refuses to leave even though I offered her another head to be house in. And since then she's been a hardworking doll and done a good job on the doll front to point of overshadowing the young lady that I had wanted to do in the first place.

I don''t even play Kula's character in the first place. :lol: :roll: :lol:
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'