Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Janeway » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Planning on putting a Gretel 1/3 head on a obitus 45cm girl. Stuipd me though l would like to yo sd size better and l don't. I like MSD size better to crochet for and l can see them better. Off topic but l found out that l am slowly losing my vision. Now to learn more about crochet.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:43 pm

I been wanting to get my Neemo rerooted for a long time now, but I wan't sure if she survive the second reroot. And then Azone brought out this Aika in the hair and eye color that Taki is suppose to be. I can go without the smile mouth version for now.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 am

I have a SQ Lab KSG-L on layaway (Janeway) that I'm hoping to pay for by the end of the month. Now I just have to decide if I want to use the body for my LTF or hold the doll for a birthday or Christmas present for my daughter.....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Janeway » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Crochet doll stuff (trying to) and so far l can make blankets. I find this is good for my anxiety and depression. I plan to make hats as well.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:23 am

I stim with string too! Cool thing is it's something you can do in public without other people caring much, unless they make things from string :)

What doll(s) do you want to crochet for? I've had a few adventures in beginner doll stuff.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Currently waiting for things to calm down at work so I can get to all the reroots and faceups I've been meaning to do for two years . . . In the mean time, I'll use my one day off a week to get my doll stuff organized. Maybe. I hope.

I'm also accumulating lots of vintage/Victorian looking miniature goodies for my sorcerer's dollhouse. He's so demanding . . . He doesn't even have real pants yet (or HAIR for that matter, since he's also on the reroot list) but he wants a chandelier for his dining room. Because of COURSE he does. Because he's Shailoh, and Shailoh is a very demanding pain in my rear who I love dearly.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Janeway » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:03 am

Hi dolly Kim and cool. I what to crochet for obit.s 40/45 dolls.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 am

That should go fairly easily. I experimented with using hooks and needles that were about the size of the doll's fingers or a "wig size" smaller than they wore. Once you have a gage you can take garment patterns and fill them with a gage sized grid to get the idea if the stitches you'll need.

Haven't found a crochet version but this book might help https://www.amazon.com/How-Adapt-Design ... n+patterns
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Janeway » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks dollkim. I learned from you tub the basic crochet stitch. How l learn is by watching a person crochet very slowly and explaining how to do it clearly.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Danny posted that Smartdoll Justice will be out this month! I'll wait until Fabricfriends has her in stock as I need to keep saving but super excited!
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'