Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Evelien » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

I WANT something bad and I can't find the right place to talk about it... so I figured, it required a new thread.

You must have a doll in mind that you want, something you've been looking for desperately or something you can't afford yet - or something you'll never be able to afford. Perhaps it's a grail doll you'd like to discuss, perhaps it's just a few pennies away... Any doll goes! ;)

For me, The Big Want right now is a Minoru Junior body. They're in between MSD and Tiny size and there's one for sale on DoA within Europe, but the seller hasn't responded to my pm yet even though I can see she was online this afternoon. ARGH. I also already know which head I wanna try and put on it... a Leeke Soda head. SO CUTE. Also for sale on DoA. BUT, to be honest I don't have the funds right now and I'll get birthday money in two weeks but I also want a doll to turn into a nekomimi... Choices, omg! Noooo... I can't choose... I want both...

Just a few weeks ago I said my doll family was complete. I was REALLY convinced that it was, too. *Sigh*.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby fleacollar999 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Right now for me The Big Want is a Doll Chateau Debbie (just Debbie, not Caroline). But my grades suck right now, and I'm afraid my parents will tell me "no" on Debbie even though it would be my money. The whole "work gets reward thing". Oh well, maybe next semester!
fleacollar999.deviantart.com

Lourdes- 27cm Obitsu
Clara- 27cm Obitsu
Emma- Liv
Antigone (Tigs)- Hujoo Berry
Nissh- Pukipuki Pukisha
Rhode "Pyxy" Maxwell- BBB Rachel on RS Xue body
Roshana Sa'adat- Desert Jewelz Bratz
fleacollar999
Dolly Pardon

Postby eendogenisis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

my biggest dollie want as of now is souldoll vito lester.....hes the perfect scale to work with my zaoll........but I have to wait until june - november to find out what I get back on my taxes.....
A woman always has half an onion left over, no matter what the size of the onion, the dish or the woman.
eendogenisis
Dollmatians

Postby Nunubit » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

The only resin dolls I seem to be attracted to seem to be limited edition fantasy dolls. I'm currently eyeing the Loongsoul Dragon Yo-SDs, the full sets, but the cost is out of my budget unless I end up with a job within the next week or two. Even then I'd have to do a layaway.

But GOSH are they cute.
Nunubit
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Trethowan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 pm

I am in the school of thought that says, "if you want two things and there is only money for one, find a way to get more money." It never occurs to me that I might have to choose. I think I approach this philosophy with the dolls as well. Instead of selling two to buy two, I'd rather just get a temp job and make the money needed to buy the two I want.

That much said, I really really want to buy a friend's Crobidoll and also an Angelsdoll Kruz. They're both super cute!!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Right now, I'm just biding my time til I start getting paychecks from the new job. I have a small list of things to buy before I can get more dolls, and then two special-order ResinSouls (one is a dark tan Mei, the other is a Dai on a boy body), before I start focusing on my grail dolls.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OutBriefCandle » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Oh there are so many wants in my head (my growing Bobobie army), but as far as things go that I want and can't have...I want a WS Dollzone water dragon boy. But because they were a holiday giveaway they can be hard to find and having the money for it all at once... *shrugs* I've seen them pop up on ebay and DOA, if only occasionally. One of these days, maybe.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 am

Ooooh tax returns! I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me!! I'll get back over €1000. I want to save up a large amount (not kowing yet if I'll still have a teaching job after Summer means I won't get paid during Summer break) but I won't have to choose one dollieh over the other!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 am

My Want Dols
- Soom Sabik, because he's beautiful but i have no characters to install in him unless its FF7 Vincent Valentine. i'll be satisfied if someone who owns him make him cosplay though.
- Soom Topaz. I'll only get her if I have plenty of money to throw around, since she's one of those dolls that i really like but don't have characters for.

- Iplehouse Dexter. My Toramimi dude (the husband of my nekomimi) sent in an application to be installed in this body (he has a 2nd choice but that's 1/6). I would really like to own a resin bjd someday and Dexter would be one of them

- Resinsoul Gang in light tan. Although this is one of the sculpts that's under consideration to be dolilfied as 'Even bigger Ryu' I sort of saw slight hints of this character in Cirquemom's boy Izak. On account of Megu-Chun, Ryu would have to fall within the 50-60cm range, look at least like one of the pics I chosen to based him on

- Pipos Charlotte cat. She looks excatly like my nekomimi and I don't mind yet another version of her.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Siead » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 am

the only thing driving me nuts ATM is DD has a body in stock i want for my next doll, but a) can't afford and b) i'm only supposed to get one expensive doll a year if we can afford it, and i have this years already. soooooooo, pout.
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'