Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Qrinta wrote:A giraffe would also be pretty adorable. XD

It would, wouldn't it? Could you imagine what a jointed neck would look like? :o
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:46 am

I've given in to a LOT of dolly temptations this year. I bought a EAH Faybelle Thorn, and a Farrah Goodfairy. Then, I traded my Farrah Goodfairy with my sister to get a Briar Beauty. Then I went nuts and ordered EVERYTHING for Briar Beauty I could find! I basically crammed a year's worth of dolly shopping into one month, all because I was silly and believed the rumors that Ever After High was ending. But who wouldn't believe? Mattel's canceled their TV show, canceled their magazine, stopped showcasing EAH products at big toy fairs, and Walmart's dropped the line! But Mattel's made multiple official statements that EAH is far from over, so I really hope they have some cool new stuff to show us soon.

I'm done buying new EAH characters now, unless they release a plus-size one, or one just so incredibly cool that I can't resist. From now on, I'm just gonna take care of the girls I have. They're getting some homemade clothes, and a few are getting their hair rerooted! I attempted hair rerooting many years ago and couldn't finish a head, but I was working full-time job back then. Since I'm officially recognized as disabled nowadays, I am not working outside the house and have enough free time on my hands to take on some big projects like rerooting. The dolls came with kinda nice hair, but it's so flat, and the hair in the cartoon is lots of colors! And they aren't always accurate. Like Darling's hair; in the show it's clearly white, but for the doll they made her blonde.

These are the color blends I'm getting for each character, from Dollyhair.com:

Raven (Black Magic, Hematite, Deadly Nightshade, Sugarplum)

Darling (Blizzard, Arctic Frost, Blueberry Muffin)

Maddie (Mermaid, Daiquari Ice, Sugarplum)

Briar (Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Pudding, Amaretto, Bougainvillea)
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Janeway » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Volks MDD+#4 head in normal. I am remaking Rini from Sailor Moon.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 am

I need to send my Dollshe Hound heads out for a faceup, but I gotta commission the lady first! :o Been dragging my feet on this for quite some time. I actually messaged someone else and they never replied so I guess they weren't interested. A simple "no thank you" would have been nice. Oh well. So first on the list, FACEUP!

Second, and I don't know if this will actually happen but... I've been thinking about getting a doll to make into Sun Wukong. The Warriors Orochi one, in particular. I think I've found the sculpt but I'm still kind of browsing. I'm kind of hoping that if I wait long enough the urge to make him into a doll will go away. It's been about 6 months now... :roll: I'm guessing it's not going to go away.

Third, I keep telling myself "No more dolls. You don't do anything with the ones you have!" But I have so many plans that its hard not to get more. I want to "reshell" a bunch of characters and I have ideas for new characters as well. The character I want to reshell the most is Dimitri. But I'm out of space in my dolly cabinet! They all fit so much nicer when they were 1/4 scale. Now that the majority is 1/3... they don't want to fit.

Lots of plans, even more than I've listed, but I'm trying to save my money instead of buying dolls. (It's hard though!)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:18 am

Ahhhhh, I'm so happy and ecstatic!!! I received my Hans' bjd body 2 days ago and had been spending the last day working on him! We needed to carve and saw off a good deal of his neck. (He's on a Venitu body which has a giant circumference neck! To even get him on, we had to carve off about 1/3" all the way around (4 sides) and cut off about 3/4" off the top---it was too tall!
Anyway, after we resolved that, sawed, carved, sanded and polished, then I went about making his outfit!

I was super excited and finished it last night. I've just been staring at him all morning! I love love love him!

But......I didn't get his boots yet! So he's barefoot! It's annoying me, but what can do? I tried to contact Miro about my order. (Which included doll bodies, head and boots) but they haven't responded yet. I read on DoA that they're falling behind and delaying orders---first due to Lunar New Year; then the owner's mom passed away (so sad!); and now, they're making new molds of their popular items, so they said that will delay orders even more. Plus, their new NS color is now more pink than in the past, so it's confusing and irking a lot of the buyers, cause it doesn't match what they expected.

I ordered Jan 30, so not too long ago but kind of long for Miro's usual turnaround. I tried to contact them but they're not responding. I messaged their US? rep on their facebook page and she/he responded but they don't know anything and said they'd try to contact Miro on my behalf. But that was 2 days ago and still no reply from Miro nor Miro's Facebook rep.

:sigh: I really want Hans' boots!!! :laughs: I am delaying a photo shoot because he's bootless. :laughs:

Guess I'm just really impatient.......

SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 am

Are those freckles?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:35 am

DollyKim wrote:Are those freckles?

Yup! I love his freckles!! I put them on his collarbone, shoulders and back as well.

Good news is that Miro just wrote back! (Finally!) They said they'll be shipping next week! So, hopefully, I'll get his boots soon and can take proper photos!!!
He's right now, lounging on my desk, barefooted but otherwise fully dressed in his uniform, and I keep saying to myself----he's just been sliding across the floor! (Like in the movie!)

I can't wait to see him all finished!

Now, I'm working on Eugene's head. I hope it comes out as well as Hans'.....I want to make him really nice for my sis! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Azael » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:57 am

Jobee wrote:

I certainly hope they're not being discontinued! I hope to collect a few one of these days! Also, those hair color blends look fantastic!

Dark Angel wrote:

I completely understand the too many dollieh plans, and too many dolls! And yet there's still that impulse to add more to the collection.

I've kinda made a promise to myself to at least try and complete some dolls before I add more to the horde, excluding holidays/birthdays because it's good to spoil oneself occasionally. Yeah...we'll see how well that goes! :roll:

SetsunaKou wrote:

Hans looks awesome! And when you say Eugene, is that who I'm thinking it is...Eugene from Tangled, the infamous Flynn Rider? If so, then yay! :mrgreen:

---

As for my dollieh temptations, I'm super tempted by the larger dolls. I keep eyeing the large MH 17" dolls. I keep looking at 60cm+ BJDs despite how much I dislike posing large resin. So, that certainly has Hujoo's 60+ line in my cross hairs. But as I try to keep reminding myself, that I need to finish my current doll projects. I need to find bodies for my floating heads, finish creating my mini WoW character (and find viable hybrid bodies/heads to create more characters)... Plus I still have some MH dolls to finish customizing. So much to do, and yet a new doll is so very tantalizing!
Azael
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Jobee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 am

Ever After High isn't being discontinued YET, but they are changing the line a lot to make the dolls more little kid friendly and affordable. This means less tiny accessories, less articulation, and shorter hair. Also, their book lines are being written for younger audiences. I posted the most recent leaked pics here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=12060
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm trying not to get any dolls this year but... I really miss my twins and I'd like them back. (in a bigger size!) I'm looking at Ringdoll Lucifer for them with slightly different faceups. But then I saw Ringdoll's Raven with his smile and I thought that it really looks like Levi. But they're $600 a piece and I don't want to spend that kind of money because I'm saving for a vacation. Argh!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'