Go to footer

Experiences taking dolls outside?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Experiences taking dolls outside?

Postby Evelien » Fri May 04, 2012 2:58 am

Yay, you did it!! This pic is my favourite by far because it shows that both you and Hisui don't care about the attention you may get shooting your doll outdoors:

European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby bombaykitty » Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 am

And then today we went to Chinatown where the sheer amount of people due to it being a holiday had me running out after just a few photos. Hisui also had his first accident today, though luckily no damage done x__X

Today I was chatted to by some very sweet ladies at the fabric shop where I stopped by to get some things in preparation to make my dears some other clothes. It was really cute watching the older ladies (one of them was probably in her 70's) squeeing over him like fangirls, lol.

I think my love for flowers is transferring to Hisui ^^;;

~~~
Near the river there was this mini-shrine so Hisui decided to make a wish, but he refuses to tell me what he wished for (I'm praying it's not the boat from yesterday O_o)

~~~
In Chinatown one of the restaurants had this dragon fountain outside. The rail Hisui's sitting on wasn't flat so I was nervous he'd fall off into the water @__@

~~~
H: "RAWR!!"
M: "Really sweetie, let's try to refrain from sitting on non-flat surfaces that fall off into rivers/fountains/oblivion shall we??"

~~~
H: "Welcome to the Orient!!"
(Nagasaki Chinatown's front gate)

~~~
H: "Sun's a little strong today...but this pink lace...I mean really?"
(And right after this photo Hisui took a nosedive into the cement, which gave me a heart attack TAT I think it was insanely lucky he had the hat on so the brim probably took the brunt of the fall and spared his face from getting scratched or his nose from chipping. It was interesting, though, that as he fell I heard these gasps from all around me. Apparently we had attracted quite a crowd though they were careful to stay out of my line of sight so I wouldn't catch them staring, lol. But Hisui's accident gave them away XD)

~~~
H: "Ok, no more standing today, my legs are tired."
(After the fall Hisui refused to stand for photos anymore. Poor dear might have been a bit traumatized.)

~~~
Last picture with more flowers, and glasses this time! :D
♥ My Facebook
♥ Pine's Facebook
♥ Hisui's Facebook
Deviantart

bombaykitty
i see dead dolliehs

Postby bombaykitty » Fri May 04, 2012 3:17 am

Evelien wrote:Yay, you did it!! This pic is my favourite by far because it shows that both you and Hisui don't care about the attention you may get shooting your doll outdoors...[/img]

Lol, yeah, got over that fear fast since the river near my house has so many tourists, so it's like as soon as I stepped out all these people were staring. I figured like, what the hell, you guys have your friends/family to take photos with, I need someone too and Hisui's my guy! Plus he poses better XD

And your little Johanna is adroable!! I've been pondering getting my Taeyang onto an Obitsu body too since some of his joints are kind of loose so he'll lose an arm or leg as I'm trying to change him or something. But then the clothes I made for his original body wouldn't fit :/ Either that or getting an entirely new Obitsu boy, I love the poseability of them as I'm finding that Hisui sometimes has difficulty in certain poses which Taeyang's body can do easier.

I know Parabox is a good site for Obitsu, can you recommend any other sites that sell them?
♥ My Facebook
♥ Pine's Facebook
♥ Hisui's Facebook
Deviantart

bombaykitty
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Fri May 04, 2012 3:31 am

Well.. since you're in Japan, I really can't XD. I'm in Europe and I get my Obitsus from Mimi Woo, but she is definitely NOT the cheapest option for you. I guess Parabox is actually your safest bet..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

bombaykitty wrote:And then today we went to Chinatown where the sheer amount of people due to it being a holiday had me running out after just a few photos. Hisui also had his first accident today, though luckily no damage done x__X

congrats! you seem to be doing well and the gate shots look fun. Since you are in Japan you might want to keep an eye out for their dollshows(mostly in Tokyo) and see what you can pick up.

Well since you're in japan. Hobbysearch and Hobbylink Japan

Love the swing shots!
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Opalwhisker » Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 am

@Bombaykitty Yes i did make her outfit myself out of a sock XD and gosh your pictures are lovely! it seems like you have a pretty positive experience! i can't wait to bring out my dolly >w> and ahhhhhhhh that is such a good thing that he didn't get damaged when he fell! i'm nervous about that too so i tend to take pictures rather close to her so i can save her XD
Hi! I'm kind of new to... well... everything! ^^; please excuse any stupid questions I might have.
I love to draw and I'm interested in starting to learn how to do face ups!
My Deviant Art page: http://opalwhisker.deviantart.com/
My Icon was not drawn by me, but by a close friend of mine! It does feature my character Pidge though!
Opalwhisker
i see dead dolliehs

Postby EAB » Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 am

Everyone's pictures are spectacular! Fabulous. I'm out of adjectives, but WOW!
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Aine » Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 am

I took my dollie out yesterday! While we were sitting at a red light, my friend and I had the bright idea to pose her waving at the guy in the car next to us.
Hilarity ensued.

I also had her in Michaels, and a couple ladies said things along the lines of "what's up with that?" Overall not a bad first outing, and better than I was expecting for the Gulf Coast of Alabama :3
Last edited by Aine on Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aine
Dollmatians

Postby PerlaNemesis » Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm

During winter I took few of my 1/6 dolls outside while taking a walk with my dog. Once one woman (who was also taking a walk with her dog) noticed me trying to make photos. And she praised me! She said that I was very imaginative for taking photos of dolls in various posses. ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Fri May 04, 2012 4:44 pm

I haven't been too bold on outings yet. I did take Azalea and Annica to a friend's store on who separate occasions. I was surprised to find that there was a guy who frequented the store who has been crushing on a Dollfie Dream. He just happened to be there and was excited because they were the first real abjd's that he had ever seen in person.

Other than that, they have visited my yard. The poor kids are shut-ins!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'