Go to footer

Noooo! Any advice? I screwed up my Iplehouse order!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Noooo! Any advice? I screwed up my Iplehouse order!

Postby Dirili » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 pm

I posted in DOA, but the post hasn't even been read yet...
But anyone here have any experience dealing with Iplehouse customer service?
Here's my dilema:

I can't believe I made this mistake...

I ordered a Bichun doll a month ago from Iplehouse and specified a Super Hero type body because I thought that one was the one with the veins. Just now though I was looking at their custom doll building section and it looks like it's the Model type body that has the more prominent veins and the Super Hero body is smoother....

So I've asked in their Q&A board if I can remedy this. I don't think there's another way to contact them about it?

I didn't order body blushing, so that part at least wouldn't present a problem and there is no price difference between the 2 bodies.

So does anyone know how likely it is that they would ok this change for me a month into the 2 month waiting period?

I'm just freaking out about it because I know they won't answer till Monday and I'm going to be stressing about this all weekend long.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Noooo! Any advice? I screwed up my Iplehouse order!

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:11 am

I'd suggest sending them an email asking if you can change your order or exchange the body.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:15 am

I expect it will all depend on how far along they are in the process of making the doll. Just keep in mind that their Monday will be our Sunday, so you may not have to wait as long as you think :)

I know it's not an optimum option, but if they can't replace it at this point then you can always sell the body on DoA and buy a new one from Iple. I'm sure their super hero body would sell fairly well and you'd be surprised how many people want a body with no head.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dirili » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 am

I can't find any email to contact them besides their paypal addresses and i dont think most companies read correspondences on those...

Ug I REALLY hope that I don't have to resell the body and buy a new one, because A) I'll have to start a new 2 month wait all over again, B) I'll lose a lot of money to drop the price to sell it C) losing money to ship the doll elsewhere D) Selling an item is extremely stressful to me. First posting it up and disclosing as much information as you can, then waiting and for a buyer, and once you get one, you have to work out the details, then you have to go out to mail it...

I'm a super social-phobic person, so I have a reaaaally hugely difficult time dealing with even the slightest bit of conflict or socially stressful situation.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kiki-chan78 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:47 am

Bottom of the page on the main site for Iplehouse.

If they are like Fairyland, then you will lose your 'order' place in their work queue if you change up the order. Essentially, your order is pulled, and treated like a new one.

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Dirili » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:41 am

Argh! And the wait was already killing me... Still better than receiving the body that I didn't want though. k

Thank you so much Kiki!
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 pm

noooooo!
Darn it... they wrote back to me and told me they already finished making him and he'll be shipped out this week. Both good and bad... at least the order is completed a lot sooner than estimated. I do kind of want to see what the super hero body is like anyway I suppose... maybe I'll keep it and buy another EID with a model body later....

I just wish it had been more clear on the site about the differences in appearance between the 2... I don't understand why the more muscular version is shorter and smoother...
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 am

Eek... well... at least you'll get him very soon now and perhaps you'll fall in love with him anyway..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dirili » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 am

there's a distinct possibility lol. I just have a real thing for veiny guys for some reason. maybe i can just paint some veins on mine.

Still drives me nuts that their super hero version is shorter and less veiny! You'd think he should be all around bigger. Taller, more defined, etc. Instead, he's shorter, stockier and more plump.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Don't forget there is a difference between "western" and "asian" aesthetics - and descriptions. What we might consider "super-hero", they could see a different way. That's an important thing to take into consideration when collecting BJDs.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'