Go to footer

Wigs as low as $3, but MANY less than $8 at Kemper!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Wigs as low as $3, but MANY less than $8 at Kemper!

Postby Dirili » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:39 pm

I mentioned in my Suntek thread that I made a big order from Kemper, so I'm making a new thread to review them and show off my new purchases.

First off, their website:
http://www.kemperdolls.com/

Usually I wouldn't make such a big order from a place I had never bought from before, they had suuuuch an awesome sale going that I just couldn't narrow my order down anymore than I had!

It is kind of a pain in the butt to wig shop though as not all wigs come in all sizes and not everything stays in stock. One nice feature of the site is that they indicate on individual items if the item is readily in stock, or if it might take a week or so to ship out. I like being able to exclude items that would hold the order up if I'm in a hurry for something. Also the pages load a bit slowly and it's definitely not because of my computer, because this thing is state of the art and lightning fast.

Ok, the Suntek wigs were a bit softer to the touch and fuller, but Kemper has a muuuuch larger selection since they are a doll supply shop and all of their wigs come pre-styled. I think all the wigs are heat resistant but to varying degrees, so you have more options with styling them yourself.

The only wigs that I didn't like so much were the Cassidy wigs because the cap shape is practically flat, barely domed at all, so I'll probably HAVE to velcro them to whatever doll I use them on.

I modeled all the wigs on Echo who is 1/4, although the wigs range in size from 6-11" Figured I would just picture them all so I could show the quality still.

So first, the acrylic and synthetic wigs, which I LOVE!
Although that braided wig below is supposed to fit 6-7" dolls, Echo's head is a bit too big for it. Should look good on a doll with a smaller head though.

These are the mohair wigs I bought. I never really liked the look of mohair too much, but I thought a few of these at Kemper looked nice in the pics. Turns out that I just really don't like mohair period, but these don't look bad at all. I just don't like that they get so frizzy and they don't feel very nice.

$5.60 or so per pair of eyes, and they look quite nice!

Eyelashes price and quality seem pretty comparable to other Mimiwoo and other places I've bought from so far:

Bought a few tools too, but didn't bother to take pics of those.

Here's my order list if anyone wants to try to match them up with the images. It could save you some time since page loading is so slow on their site. You can see the wig style icon then look at the price I paid below and see my display pic above.

ALTHEA BURGUNDY MODERN WIG - color: Burgandy; size: 8"-9"; $7.49
ALTHEA SILVER & WHITE MODERN WIG - color: Silver White; size: 8"-9"; $7.49
ALTHEA TURQUOISE MODERN WIG - color: Turquoise; size: 8"-9"; $7.49
Shirley wig - color: Blonde; size: 8"-9"; $8.50
Tracy wig - color: Dark Brown; size: 8"-9"; $4.99
Tracy wig - color: Black; size: 10"-11"; $5.15
Tracy wig - color: White; size: 10"-11"; $5.15
Cassidy Wig - color: Black; size: 10"-11"; $3.95
Cassidy Wig - color: Dark Brown; size: 10"-11"; $3.95
Cassidy Wig - color: Pale Blonde; size: 10"-11"; $3.95
MINI MODERN FAIRY WIGS - color: Milky White; size: 7"-8 fits msd"; $6.25
ASIAN MODERN GIRL WIG - color: Extra Long Black; size: 7"-8"; $7.79
RAVEN VIOLET MODERN WIGS - color: Violet; size: 7"-8"; $6.75
RAVEN WHITE MODERN WIGS - color: White; size: 7"-8"; $6.75
RAVEN BLACK MOHAIR WIG - color: Black; size: 7"-8"; $7.50 0
RAVEN PALE PALE BLONDE MOHAIR WIG - color: Pale, White Blonde; size: 8"-9"; $8.50
BRIDGETTE WIG MOHAIR - color: Black; size: 8"-9"; $8.95
Eve Wig SYN MOHAIR - color: auburn syn mohair; size: 6-7; $7.99

Alternate Eyelashes - color: Medium Brown; size: 20mm; $2.75
Baby Eyelashes 17mm - color: Light Brown; size: 17mm; $2.95
Thick eyelashes - color: Black; size: 24mm; $3.25
Double Alternate 20mm eyelashes - color: Medium Brown; size: 20mm; $4.25

ALL NATURAL ROUND PLASTIC EYES - color: Greenish Blue; size: 12mm; $5.50
ALL NATURAL ROUND PLASTIC EYES - color: olive (light) green; size: 14mm; $5.60
ALL NATURAL ROUND PLASTIC EYES - color: Pale Blue; size: 14mm; $5.60

Quick Cleaners - $2.59
Finsih Rubber, Hard - $2.49
SPONGE SANDER GREAT FOR RESIN BJD DOLLS - color: Blue; size: 1200-1500 grit; $3.39
Ball Stylus Small - $2.19
Double Ball Stylus - $2.89
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Wigs as low as $3, but MANY less than $8 at Kemper!

Postby Dirili » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Forgot to mention, my favorites are the purple wig, the long synthetic black wig and the curly auburn wig!
The purple wig in particular just has such a nice soft light curl to it.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm

I love Kemper. Unfortunately their shipping to the Netherlands is much too high >.<
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm

I'm glad you had a good experience with Kemper. For me, I've ordered from them for the last time. I ordered two identical wigs a few weeks ago, the only difference was the color, and they are different sizes. The one I wanted the most was a size too big for my Limhwa To-You Sara. Would they have accepted a return? Probably, but their shipping charges are high and I'm just not willing to pay to return the wig and for shipping a replacement that might not fit either. I've been disappointed with their wigs in the past, so I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Evelien » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Was something else wrong with the wigs then, besides the faulty size? Were they of bad quality?
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:38 pm

(*I'm asking because I might be interested in selling Kemper wigs in my webshop, but I've never touched one myself, so I'd love to know your honest opinion)
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Yanagi-sen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm

I've bought wigs from Kemper before and I've had no problems with them. Riou's silver wig is from there (Althea Silver and White Modern) as is the black wig worn by Takahirokumiko's Akane (Althea modern black). That is one of the stores I check first when looking for a wig.
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 pm

That sucks Kirah :(
Yeah, the shipping is pretty bad... so I'm sure it's crazy expensive for the Netherlands!
If you're selling them at your shop though the bulk order might be good enough to offset the shipping cost I suppose.

I love the wigs really! They feel great to me.

My Iplehouse order shipped yesterday, so whenver that arrives there are 4 wigs in it and I'll compare them with the wigs from Suntek and Kemper. Can't imagine it would be too much different though... Unless they are super silky and soft or something.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby magkelly » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I liked some of their red wigs a lot but they just don't have sizes to fit any of my dolls. Red 5-6 doll wigs always seem to come at such a premium, grumble, grumble...
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm

How much was shipping with this company? It sounds like while everything is cheap, the shipping will really kill you so you have to make a big order.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'