Go to footer

Can I have some help verifying a doll?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Can I have some help verifying a doll?

Postby Nunubit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 pm

I was browsing ebay in bed on my iTouchthingy and I had to get out of bed and get on the computer because I was confused by someone selling New and made to order Hujoo Coras. Which was really weird, because she was limited edition to 32 dolls world wide. And if you still wanted her you'd just get a ABS Dana because they are the same thing. And then I browsed their items for sale, and it looked like they had some legitimate Hujoos maybe, but then they are selling a Hujoo Berry Cutie Pink Version 1, which has been sold out forever, which is confusing.

Hujoo site still lists these two items as sold out, and I haven't asked them if the company is legitimate, but the company says they are official, but the ebay shop name is "feedback100000" and oh god they have the hujoo baby panda outfit I really am not in the right state of mind right now.

But the items they have for sale are here http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=feedback100000&rt=nc and I really need to remember how to use these codes so I can make the links smaller.
Nunubit
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Can I have some help verifying a doll?

Postby TatsuKitty » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 pm

if it's a limited and they have 5 of them.. I would be wary and notify hujoo before you order. Chances are that they're recasts.
TatsuKitty

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Suspicious user name, only 88 feedback ratings (although according to their user name they have 10000). Um, yea, I would absolutely stay clear of this and consider them to be possible bootleggers.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby takahirokumiko » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 am

I agree with the others.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nunubit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 am

Alright, thanks, I was just baffled and not in my right state of mind. Once I figure out how to contact Hujoo with the Q&A, I am going to go ask them what's up with that.
Nunubit

Postby kittyasauras » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:48 am

I dunno, recasters seem to work in resin.

But it also says in their listings that they have "signed the agreement of official business . . . Ball Jointed Doll Hujoo"

Their prices are about the same as the regular Hujoo too. However, it is kind of weird that 5 of a limited/sold out doll.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I sent Hujoo an email on their website. I will post here if I get a reply. Cora is a resin doll, which is why this is a little concerning. It is possible that they were not all sold, or even that Hujoo made more, but I am more concerned about the resin petdolls they list - I don't think there were any of them left, and I know that Junkyspot couldn't get more of them.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Nunubit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I know someone else, http://aileendoll.com/, is selling the resin petdolls now, along with some that weren't released at Hujoo. Bye some, I mean most. Or at least half. Along with different paint styles.

But I have just asked in the Q&A myself about the legitimacy of the "company" as they seem to be selling two things, the Hujoo Berry Cutie Pink Ver. 1 and the Panda Outfit which I have been wanting but are sold out and have been for over 6 months. While it really looks like some recasts and bootlegs, part of me hopes they aren't.
Nunubit

Postby Nunubit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

I finally got an update on that dealer two days ago, and apparently they are legit, they just put up stuff that was sold out on accident.

Hello, is Hujoo

I'm sorry I'm late answer

Cora is now "Sold out".

"E-bay" was uploaded by mistake

I'm sorry.

Our eBay item now some of the "Sold out"

That was from an admin on the Hujoo Website Q&A.
Nunubit

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'