Go to footer

Ellowyne Wilde doll next to a 60cm doll?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Ellowyne Wilde doll next to a 60cm doll?

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm wanting to buy the Tonner Rapunzel 16" (Ellowyne Wilde sized) doll for my sister for her birthday, but I had wanted her to match my Tonner Aurora 22" (American Model sized) doll in scale. I *think* her head is about the same size as the Aurora 22", but I KNOW her body is MUCH much smaller/shorter!

I was hoping that she'd just look like a shorter/petite teenager next to tall Aurora and not too too small like a little child, but I don't know.....I'm thinking she might look 10 years old next to Aurora. (Which is so wrong, since Aurora is supposed to 16 and Rapunzel, 18....)

So before I bid, does anyone here have any comparison photos of an Ellowyne Wilde next to a 60" doll so I can see how she'd appear?

I also just discovered that Kitty Collier is about 18" tall, and maybe I can put Rapunzel's head onto a Kitty body to give her some height.....

Anyway, I'm posting in hopes that someone here might own a few of the dolls mentioned and can post a comparison shot? I realize American Models are kind of not popular/rare, so any 60cm sized doll next to an Ellowyne would work for me! (And if a Kitty Collier 18" is tossed in the photo, so much the better!!!)

:hugs: in advance!!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Ellowyne Wilde doll next to a 60cm doll?

Postby Evelien » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Crap, a year ago I had 60cm dolls to put next to my Ellowyne Wilde :P.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:21 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:I'm wanting to buy the Tonner Rapunzel 16" (Ellowyne Wilde sized) doll for my sister for her birthday, but I had wanted her to match my Tonner Aurora 22" (American Model sized) doll in scale. I *think* her head is about the same size as the Aurora 22", but I KNOW her body is MUCH much smaller/shorter!

I was hoping that she'd just look like a shorter/petite teenager next to tall Aurora and not too too small like a little child, but I don't know.....I'm thinking she might look 10 years old next to Aurora. (Which is so wrong, since Aurora is supposed to 16 and Rapunzel, 18....)

So before I bid, does anyone here have any comparison photos of an Ellowyne Wilde next to a 60" doll so I can see how she'd appear?

I also just discovered that Kitty Collier is about 18" tall, and maybe I can put Rapunzel's head onto a Kitty body to give her some height.....

Anyway, I'm posting in hopes that someone here might own a few of the dolls mentioned and can post a comparison shot? I realize American Models are kind of not popular/rare, so any 60cm sized doll next to an Ellowyne would work for me! (And if a Kitty Collier 18" is tossed in the photo, so much the better!!!)

:hugs: in advance!!!!!!

It can't be any old 60 cm BJD. The American Models are MUCH more willowy and slender than ABJDs (I've had to alter their patterns to fit) and American Models have MUCH smaller heads.

Here's a comparison among the slender MSD 16" BJDs.

Here is a comparison among the Tonner bodies

At-home designers can adapt patterns scaled to the 16" Tyler Wentworth® body by enlarging 138%; please observe that minor adjustments to the enlarged patterns may be necessary, but the proportions of the new 22" body are virtually identical to the 16" Tyler Wentworth® body.

I really do not think that the proportions will work. I think that even at 22" the American Model will have a smaller head than Rapunzel.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks VV-sama! :hugs: That 2nd picture helps a lot. I've seen the first one on DoA, and that's where I saw that I liked the Kitty Collier body size rather than Ellowyne's.

And you're right! The AM 22" dolls are very slender and fashion model like---almost exact duplicates of the 16" bodies, just 1/3 scale. Here's my Aurora (with a custom made purple outfit, as seen in KH):

One problem I find with them, is that their knees are so weak and give out constantly! I have Aurora on a stand, so she's okay, but if you just move her a bit, she'll collapse at the knees! (Even on the stand!) It's so funny!

I think, though, from your photos of Ellowyne next to the 16" girls, that the Rapunzel head will actually be about the size of Aurora 22". (Or even a bit smaller, from the photos I've seen of her.) I think Rapunzel's head seems a bit smaller than Ellowyne's. Plus, the AM heads are actually big and round (which I wish they made a different face sculpt!) and look about the size of Ellowyne's head looks there in that photo, next to the 16" heads. So I think the heads will work together. YAY!

My main problem is her body----it's way too short.

I put a regular Tonner girl (16") next to my 22" Aurora, just for size height next to her (of course, her proportions and head are extremely tiny and not at all in scale to the big doll) and it looks so SHORT, even discounting the proportions! Just considering the height.

If the Ellowyne is also 16", she'll only come to Aurora's bust?

Now, Kitty Collier 18" will come to about Aurora's chin, and that's a bit better. But still.....

I wish they had just made Rapunzel either 16" normal Tonners like the other Disney Princesses or 22" AM! I have both Auroras and just want her to match EITHER one!!! Why is she in between?! Since her head is large, I'm aiming towards the 22" size.

I wonder if it will work on an AM 22" body, now that you mention it may be on the extra large side!

Is Ellowyne's neck hole big enough to fit on a 22" AM body? ^^ And if so, it should apply to Rapunzel's head neckhole, right? Since she comes on an Ellowyne body?

Thanks for your help, VV-sama!!! That picture really gives a perspective on the head sizes for me!

(And thanks for thinking about me, Evelien-san! :hugs: I appreciate it!)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'