Go to footer

Going back to just one doll?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Going back to just one doll?

Postby Evelien » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 am

I bought my first BJD in November and my collection kept growing since then. I have sold a few but I also still have some new ones on the way... and I love them. But I'm beginning to think more and more, how overwhelming it is to have so many (and I don't even have as many as some of you, right now I have 10 with two on the way). I'm starting to dream of having just one to play out all my ideas on for clothes and photography. It would be extremely hard to choose - I don't even think I could - but man I wish I only had one doll. :( Does this sound familiar to anyone..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Going back to just one doll?

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:55 am

Yeah, I have... but my main thing is that once a doll is "finished" (face-up, has the perfect wig and eyes, and has one outfit that they wear most of the time), they become shelf-sitters and I don't do much of anything with them because I'm working on the new ones.

<_< I've even though about getting rid of some of the older ones... either selling them or deconstructing them and turning them into different characters.

I have sold a few of them, and given quite a few of them "makeovers" than involved a total-soul-transplant.

I can't imagine getting rid of all but one, but thinning down the horde a bit would probably be good...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 am

True but you still manage to make time for them. Maybe try to do more group photography, new face up's ect and see who still stays as the character you had in mind and who should move on...? Just a suggestion...I mean they're all so beautiful.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 am

It's not that I don't like them anymore. It's gonna be terribly hard to choose but I have made up my mind... I will keep only 1 or 2 MSD girls and Ryan, and the rest will have to go. It's the concept of having just one girl to sew for. I LOVE that thought. I love that thought more than the dolls I have. Does that sound weird?

I can't choose between two of them though, and I really only want to keep one MSD girl, so I'm really completely torn.
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:31 am

Well why not keep Anne and Ellie around then? Or Jade and Anne? (I just can't picture you giving up your AE girl after all it took to get her to you.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 am

Oh, this is going to sound so wrong, but she's the first I put up for sale...
I almost feel like I should apologize now XD
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 am

i think i'd want to have two msds and some sort of pukifee or something...
just cause i dont want the girl i got on the way to get lonely.

lol all your dolls are so beautiful, people will probably fight over who gets to buy them
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Evelien » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks, but I really don't think so. The dolly market isn't that great at the moment. It's a good thing that I'm not in a hurry.. I don't need the funds to buy a new doll :P

I have made up my mind... this may seem fast but I think last night I already knew what I wanted and a good night's sleep has helped me get a clear view: I am going to hybrid my Unoa Sist onto my MNF body. My IH JID Ryan will be her boyfriend... and all my other MSDs girls will go.
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 am

id probably buy one if i had the money... if you still have any of them in a few months i may buy one XD lol
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 am

I'd like to get my hands on a Unoa one of these days to see what they're about.

I don't think I've had just one doll for my entire life. You have to have a healthy disrespect for things every now and again, Jim Henson used to step on his Muppets. When he was about a year old Xavier, Dollzone Fei who would be my one and only if it came down to it, reminded me he's just a doll. Fill them up with love and they won't know or have room for anything else.

Then again I have so many dolls for my website and all that I haven't even counted, most spend their time in a container or a pile or an over the door hanger if they're lucky. There's levels of dollness here if we have to evacuate, Xavier and family and those who live in the dollhouse first, those out on the shelf second, then whomever I have room for. Yeah I'd miss them but I could replace them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'