Go to footer

Been sent the WRONG DOLL!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Been sent the WRONG DOLL!

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm

PopularFizzyDrink wrote:Before I even realised it was the wrong doll I saw that it had a faceup. In my innocence I thought it was a freebie (LOL) then unwrapped 3 pairs of extra hands I hadn't ordered. It took me about 10 minutes to understand that it really was a different doll. I just couldn't believe it! *rolls eyes* I'm not so angry now I've heard quite a few of you have had similar experiences. I'm just hoping it wont take too long to get my actual doll..

Probably no more time than it takes to ship it to you once they straighten things out. I'm sure they'll be grateful for your honestly! I imagine there are a lot of folks who would look at all those extras and just think "Hey, Bonus" and keep the doll!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Happened to me on my first doll, I ordered one with a face up and was shocked in a bad way when I opened up the box to a blank doll. I feel your pain!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:52 pm

I always assume that with today's shipping and tracking systems, it would be pretty easy for the shipper to do some backtracking and figure out who got the wrong doll. I would never have felt comfortable keeping a doll I didn't pay for, personally, but Emory would have probably figured out the mix up quickly enough anyway!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Sarah » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 pm

As someone who has owned a Dikadoll - Don't worry about the eyelashes! They are not put in well at all and the eyelashes themselves aren't a great quality. I hope you get this sorted out soon. (Yolanda is lovely in person~ I sold mine because she just wasn't right for me, but she was a beautiful doll!)
Sarah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 am

Actually don't freak out about the extra hands. They should come with them.

I ordered during their winter event last december and I got three pairs of hands also. :)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby PopularFizzyDrink » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:57 am

Sitll no reply from RoseDolls... I might try to contact them via DoA as well as email..
PopularFizzyDrink
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:59 am

That's very uncool... you wanna know *something* before the weekend... You'd think they'd check their mail regularly :(. It sucks that you can't reach them by phone. I'd try every possible way if I were you. They're on Twitter and Facebook, too.

-edit- Okay, perhaps I'm a bit too 'stalkey' now... Patience is a virtue... on their website they do say they try to answer every email within a day. They may try to contact someone else who may have your Yolanda before they contact you. Who knows...

*crossing fingers*
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby PopularFizzyDrink » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

Well I wanna know before the weekend, that's true, but it's been 24 hours now. I don't know if I'm being too impatient...but I AM impatient! This lady wants her doll!
PopularFizzyDrink
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 am

Forgive my ignorance, but is Rosedolls in the US, or overseas? Keep in mind that if they are overseas they are close to 24hrs ahead of us in time, in which case they might be in their weekend already and not be open. If you google "current time in _____________" you can find out what day and time it is wherever they are, which may help in getting an estimate on response time (if they are outside US).
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am

They're in the UK, just like PopularFizzyDrink herself :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'