Go to footer

Furniture scale opinions, please

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Furniture scale opinions, please

Postby E-Beth » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm

I bought some unfinished small wooden pieces from Woodcrafter.

Three pictures for your consideration:

Two 2 drawer units stacked

Two multi-drawer units stacked

Multi unit on top of two drawer for a breakfront effect (I hope)

The first one looks OK to me. I could stick some extra feet on the bottom for a little more height

The second one looks too skinny to me. And I'm not sure I need 4 small drawers in one place.

I quite like the last picture, but that one screams 1/4 scale to me.

What do you think?
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Furniture scale opinions, please

Postby Evelien » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 pm

I love those!! Wish I could buy them here. I like the first two pics best :). You could use the lower cabinet as a nightstand.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby E-Beth » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Evelien wrote:I love those!! Wish I could buy them here. I like the first two pics best :). You could use the lower cabinet as a nightstand.

check woodcrafter.com (woodcraft.com, what I originally wrote, is wrong - leading to much confusion as you will see down the thread) in their box section, unfinished, medium sized. I don't know if they ship overseas, or if they do how pricey is.
Last edited by E-Beth on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
E-Beth

Postby Evelien » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks!! They do ship overseas, but they can't give you a quote until you actually place your order, then they'll contact you (with the option of cancelling the order if shopping appears to be too expensive). But... where's the box section..? I can't find it.. what's it listed under?
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby E-Beth » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Evelien wrote:Thanks!! They do ship overseas, but they can't give you a quote until you actually place your order, then they'll contact you (with the option of cancelling the order if shopping appears to be too expensive). But... where's the box section..? I can't find it.. what's it listed under?

menu on left hand screen, "boxes"
category "wood boxes"
category "medium wood boxes"
the two chest of drawers are on the second page of medium boxes

I also picked up a large "lancaster trunk" found under "large wood boxes". Regina is sitting on it in the Obitsu dog post.
E-Beth

Postby Evelien » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah... I... must be going insane... there's no menu on the left... only a menu at the top and when I hover it there's no 'boxes' option... I'm sorry, I don't see it..? :oops:
There can't be more than one http://www.woodcraft.com ..? Did I misunderstand you..?

<<<< confused

-edit- I think you made a mistake in the URL, you typed woodcraft.com and reading back I think it should have been woodcrafter.com right? :D Seems right cause this second website DOES have a boxes section :D. And yes, they ship internationally!

^^ solved!
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby E-Beth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:20 am

No no no. I'm the insane one!
Dolliehs are melting my brains.
Yeah, that's it.

I'll run up the thread and edit my mistaken URL.

Evelien wrote:Yeah... I... must be going insane... there's no menu on the left... only a menu at the top and when I hover it there's no 'boxes' option... I'm sorry, I don't see it..? :oops:
There can't be more than one http://www.woodcraft.com ..? Did I misunderstand you..?

<<<< confused

-edit- I think you made a mistake in the URL, you typed woodcraft.com and reading back I think it should have been woodcrafter.com right? :D Seems right cause this second website DOES have a boxes section :D. And yes, they ship internationally!

^^ solved!
E-Beth

Postby SugarCorpse » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:57 pm

the last one looks like a dresser my grandma used to have! and looks like it'd be the right scale. it was on the small side, she used to use it for jewelry and make up and some art supplies =3
SugarCorpse

Postby E-Beth » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I finally decided on a configuration, linky linky linky to the thread about the finished product.

And my blog post.

E-Beth

Postby letchhausen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

I like this, that's excellent work! What I really like though is the picture of the Robo-Dog (well, transitional dog) on your blog (Progress Report 1 picture #9). That's really cool. It looks like an Aibo mated with a tribble......
my dolliehs lies over the ocean......
letchhausen
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'