Go to footer

Coathangers

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Coathangers

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 am

My doll clothes just get stuffed into boxes...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby E-Beth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

SoapBubbles wrote:
E-Beth wrote:
letchhausen wrote:...as soon as I figure out a way to make little wooden hangers...

I'm thinking balsa wood and an xacto knife. Not sure about the hook part.

Maybe an earring hook will work? Like the kind you can find in craft stores for earrings. Just cut off the looped end and a bit of the 'hook' end to make it shorter, drill a small hole into the wood and secure it with a bonding agent.

Great idea! Esp for smaller scales. This forum rocks.
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby embyquinn » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm

E-Beth wrote:
letchhausen wrote:...as soon as I figure out a way to make little wooden hangers...

I'm thinking balsa wood and an xacto knife. Not sure about the hook part.

What about tiny cup hooks?

http://www.thecollegetoolbox.com/nacupho5511.html

You should be able to find them at your local hardware store or Wally World or whatever.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby letchhausen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm

embyquinn wrote:What about tiny cup hooks?

http://www.thecollegetoolbox.com/nacupho5511.html

You should be able to find them at your local hardware store or Wally World or whatever.

That's a good idea as well, especially since I have some of those around here for some purpose I don't recollect at all. I really like the idea of being able to hang things on a rod in a little warddrobe that I'm obviously going to have to make just for this. Though I do have to say that some things, as pointed out above, will be better off in boxes. So the warddrobe will have to have a hanging area and a storage area. And a space for wigs put on wooden balls mounted on dowels. I've been looking at smaller furniture but I never seem to see anything that really fits. I suppose once I get dolly's coffin done it'll be back to Home Depot for some more plywood and over to my friends house for another go on the table saw. However, thanks to E-Beth's blog, I'll mock it up in cardboard first to make sure that I know what I'll be doing (thank you for that genius move!). Cuz I'm sort of a spazz and my carpentry skills are rudimentary at best.

Oh wait, I just found this:
6.5" wooden hangers on ebay
http://compare.ebay.com/like/221120371948?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Cheaper 6" wooden hangers:
http://www.onlyhangers.com/prod-31-1-298/.htm Though they don't tell you what shipping costs until after you've entered your info, a practice I hate.

Hmmmm....I think I'll outsource the hanger work so I can move on to the warddrobe......
my dolliehs lies over the ocean......
letchhausen
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

What I'm going to make myself get around to doing is a clothes line with doll clothes hanging with clothes pins. It adds a bit of color and decor. Usually my dolls clothes are in drawers or tubs.

I've had cardboard doll hangers in my past, die cut. For 1/6 scale they did and possibly still make plastic off brand "Barbie" hangers. Wire wise some of the Wild Wire and a jig would work for smaller dolls and the wire makes good jewelry for them too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby E-Beth » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I woke up this morning with an idea!

tiny binder clips to hang skirts and pants with blouses and jackets.
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby letchhausen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 pm

So I decided to wimp out and bought the hangers on ebay. They fit a Dollheart dress perfectly...

I bought some plywood which I cut down for a wardrobe this weekend so now I just have to put the thing together....
my dolliehs lies over the ocean......
letchhausen
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'