Go to footer

Talk to me about....,.hujoos

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Talk to me about....,.hujoos

Postby Nelly19 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:23 pm

So am almost done my 48 obi, shoes on the way, eyes on the way ( I think everyone will love what I found her) and hair, and clothes need to be collected from my shipping company (am trying the wig making thing) but I want to try string dolls after she is done, cause they are cheap.........anyone can talk to me about hujoos? The big eye thing is adorable, and am getting a girl and a boy when I order from junkyspot. Any advice on non hujoo brand clothes? I have seen some in brats clothing.....hmmm help?!
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Talk to me about....,.hujoos

Postby Stormlight » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 pm

For my Hujoo boy and girl, Obitsu 23cm clothes work pretty well. Their feet are much bigger than Obitsu feet, though, so I had to order shoes for them from an Ebay store called Hot Dotz. They're very nice shoes, and not too expensive. Also, I commissioned Spampy on DOA for clothes for my girl. She's a really great seamstress who specializes in tiny clothes. She also has a website, Spampy Stuff: http://spampy.eaph.com/spampystuff.htm

Basically, I gave her a budget of what I was willing to spend, gave her basics of what I was looking for in style and color, and let her go at it. She created a number of really cute outfits for Diva. I haven't ordered anything for my boy Ren yet, but I'd like to one of these days.

Here are my two, a Wing (Ren) and a Berry (Diva). Diva is wearing a skirt, shirt and leggings from Spampy, and Ren is wearing an outfit for a 23cm girl from Mimiwoo (an Azone or Obitsu outfit; I forget what exactly). Junkyspot also sells some punky-looking Hujoo clothes, as well.

Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Nunubit » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Hujoos, at least the girls, are able to fit in Blythe clothes, as long as the sleaves aren't too tight. Blythe hands are smaller than Hujoo hands. Etsy has a good selection of Blythe clothes to choose from. The hats won't fit, but everything else should.
Nunubit

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:21 am

Shoes from Ken and Monster High boys fit Hujoo boys and girls.

Pretty much any shoes that will fit an Obitsu slim male will also fit a Hujoo boy or girl.

The 12cm Hujoo babies are also adorable :mrgreen:

>_> and they also have MSD girls... <_< I don't know if you can tell that I have a lot of Hujoos... >_> well, I only have 5 of them... (Wings, Berry, Suve, Ted, and Sara)
Last edited by Lamia of the Dark on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 am

If you sew there is a Blythe pattern from Simplicity that works. Some of the Licca patterns from Japanese Mooks should be a good start too but Hujoo has a bigger butt than Licca.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Nelly19 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:00 am

HAHA lamia, our a riot :) and i am taking notes, they big eye thing just attracts me to them. well when kotaru is finished this month we will see where the shillings take me haha
Nelly19

Postby TurtleJen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:51 am

I've stuck my Hujoo Berry (named Turtle) in most 1/6 clothing I have. xD I got a Takara Jenny dress for my 27cm Obitsu a while back and it fits Turtle quite nicely. o-o I've stuck her in Moxi girl/teen or whatever they are clothes too, but they're a tad tight. Liv might be a little loose on some pieces but would fit. I also have re-ment clothes, they fit on the loose side.

Takara Jenny dress:
~Turtle~
TurtleJen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Nelly19 wrote:HAHA lamia, our a riot :) and i am taking notes, they big eye thing just attracts me to them. well when kotaru is finished this month we will see where the shillings take me haha

What did I say? What was funny?

>_> are you laughing because I must get all the Hujoos?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Nelly19 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 am

Lamia of the Dark wrote:
Nelly19 wrote:HAHA lamia, our a riot :) and i am taking notes, they big eye thing just attracts me to them. well when kotaru is finished this month we will see where the shillings take me haha

What did I say? What was funny?

>_> are you laughing because I must get all the Hujoos?

yes, the face ( >_>) and hujoo excitment is quite delightful.
Nelly19

Postby Nunubit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:36 am

Hujoos are addicting! I have six myself, two Suves, one in each color, a chocolate Is, a Dana, a Yomi, and a Blue Berry. I kinda want one of each Hujoo in each color. I just need a job.
Nunubit

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'