Go to footer

Is That.... A Barbie? (please share stories!)

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Is That.... A Barbie? (please share stories!)

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am

I got some old guy at the Houston airport ask if Shydran was an American Girl doll, and mentioned the cafés. I was amused. Shy.... not so much. But he was nice enough, thought he clearly didnt ge the appeal.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby BadCandy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 am

OkamiKodomo wrote:I got some old guy at the Houston airport ask if Shydran was an American Girl doll, and mentioned the cafés. I was amused. Shy.... not so much. But he was nice enough, thought he clearly didnt ge the appeal.

Cafe's? Is that like those bourgeois expensive AG branded salon thingies where little girls can take the doll they're going to trash or ditch about in a year for a mani and pedi and a wig restyle? One of my exes did that for his nieces, by their next birthday, the dolls had been long forgotten and shoved in a closet.

I really hate the assumption that BJDs are or were created for children.. Who buys 1k+ character figures for their kids? Dollpa limit-eds, ect..The hobby is clearly intended for young adults and adults..
Instagram makes me a better photographer, rite? LOLZ. Siggie under construction.
BadCandy
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby SugarCorpse » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

OkamiKodomo wrote:I got some old guy at the Houston airport ask if Shydran was an American Girl doll, and mentioned the cafés. I was amused. Shy.... not so much. But he was nice enough, thought he clearly didnt ge the appeal.

thats kinda funny! the first thing the teacher mentioned was american girl dolls too. probably because they're the only kind of main stream doll that are really expensive.

I'm so happy that a lot of people don't know about them. It'd kind of suck to have crazy people buying them for their children :? It's be so much harder to get the dolls you want if there was a bigger demand for them.... and if they were bought for kids who didn't know how fragile they are i bet probably half of dolls sold would be trashed and just thrown away :o
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SugarCorpse » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

what the hell is wrong with people? someone sent me a message on facebook from some newly made fake account (probably just to message me....) with a video of a guy masturbating onto a BJD or obitsu of some sort (not sure cause most of the joints are hidden and i didnt want to look at it enough to figure it out) x_X and the only other thing in the message said "i bet if you could, you would" ;~;

Like i'm pretty sure im the only one in my city with a BJD so the person prolly thinks its weird but why the hell would someone think its a sexual thing? DX i dont get it. and why go through the trouble to send me that? its disgusting.... and it gets all over her clothes and wig.... ;~; which probably cost a lot... and how the hell did they find a video liek that? the probably purposely searched for it cause i doubt its something that they'd just bump into.....

plus even if it WAS sexual (which its not) why the hell would that be anyone's business =/and what makes them think they can say something like that to me.

i hate the fact that it can pretty much be anyone who knows my name at school... or any one of my ex's that i stil lhave on facebook. Or pretty much anyone on facebook come to think of it.... i've posted a few pics of her on there... it could even be one of my friends or one of my boyfriends friends.... or even his ex gfs ;~; idk what to do about this.... for now i think its better i dont reply...
SugarCorpse

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Block that person so they can't send you any more messages.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Block and report them. That is totally unacceptable. *shakes head*
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SugarCorpse » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm

yeah thats a good idea, i did. :D hopefully they wont try makinf another fake account to mess with me...

on the plus side. this must mean that someone thinks about me enough to do something like that which is kinda hilarious.... considering the apparently dont like me X3 but they think its worth their time
SugarCorpse

Postby takahirokumiko » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 pm

SugarCorpse wrote:on the plus side. this must mean that someone thinks about me enough to do something like that which is kinda hilarious.... considering the apparently dont like me X3 but they think its worth their time

I hear you. Some people are just... wow.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jany » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

The fun thing: The admins can see their IP address, meaning they can easily find out who's behind it ... I don't know about FB, but in some forums they just block the IP, so their main account would be screwed too :lol:
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany

Postby jemlovecraft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Ven (my "sister"/dollieh seamstress) and I have terrified a good number of people at the library when we casually pull limbs off my Obitsus for clothes fittings. "Why are you taking apart those Barbies?" is the most common question.

Hopefully, that will change when I get my MSD... ehehehe...
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'