Go to footer

Jointed hands?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Jointed hands?

Postby darkfairykara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm

i'm not sure if this belongs in this section. but I just ordered a pair of jointed hands for my DZ Mo. they are my first ever jointed hands and I was wondering if any one on this forum has any. all that I know is that they are strung and can pose. has anyone had to restring theirs? any issues? are they awesome? I has questions. if you have them can I see your doll posing with them?

by the way is this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Jointed hands?

Postby Dirili » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Doll Zone brand jointed hands? I have a pair of 2nd hand 1/3rd female DZ hands. They came strung well enough. I would NOT want to try restringing them though... looks like they would be a huuuge pain to attempt because the pieces are so small.

I haven't blushed them yet, and I'm still waiting on the arrival of some other dolls, so I haven't decided which doll will get them yet. Changing hands is such a pain, especially with tight stringing, so I won't be putting the hands on any of my dolls till I decide for sure which one gets them, sorry.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby darkfairykara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:20 pm

@Dirili: yes. I forgot to mention that they are indeed Doll-Zone brand hands. and that's good to know. i'd never want to have to restring them either.

yeah my Mo isn't to tightly strung so he should be fine with me putting new hands on him. a friend of mine just sent me this tutorial on wiring them...i'm still confused on how to do that. maybe it'll make more sense when I have the hands.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4p1hck.jpg
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara

Postby Dirili » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 pm

ooo, thanks for sharing the link! I love jointed hands so I can see myself ending up having to restring a pair sooner or later... I ordered both of my Loong Soul dolls with them. Can't wait till they arrive!

I have 3 other pairs of jointed hands, but they are not Doll Zone. I have a 2nd hand pair of Soom male hands that I got a really great deal on, those are the best. Fantastic sculpting and fantastic posing. I'm glad I got them 2nd hand though because I don't think Soom sells their pre-strung.

Next a pair that is supposed to be 1/4 by Illusion spirit, but they are too big for either of the 1/4 dolls that I have :/ Hoping maybe the SQ Labs body I have on order might be good for the size. This is the only pair I bought brand new.

Then I have a pair that is completely unidentified... I bought them used on Taobao and I have no clue what brand they are. I don't recognize them visually when comparing them with known jointed hands. I believe they are 1/3rd female though and they have very thin fingers. Thinner than they looked on the sale page. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... 9114700276
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby darkfairykara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:56 pm

your welcome. and phew you have a lot of them. oh and those last hands. I don't know iv'e never seen ones like those.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara

Postby Dirili » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm

yeah hehe, i'm kind of infactuated with them, but brand new ones are so expensive, so I keep an eye out for 2nd hand deals. I bought the Loong Soul ones with the dolls though because I don't think I'll ever see those put up for resale anywhere. Loong Soul will only sell their jointed hands with a doll when you purchase them, so they can't be bought separately. And they look really nice to me, so I decided to shell out the money.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby darkfairykara » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:02 pm

ah. I think the only reason I broke down and finally shelled out the money is because the hands were in stock at DDE in Emil's skin tone. that meant i'd get them in a couple days. the'll be here Monday I think.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara

Postby britbrat18 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I have some, but they aren't Dollzone ones. Mine are MSD sized Dikadoll ones, I only paid around $56 total for them(from a now defunct site, that had them on sale when they first started dealing for Dikadolls). They are super fun to play with, they don't hold things super well, but pose fine. I've never restrung them, so I don't know how that works. I imagine it would be pretty hard. I do have pictures though, if you are still interested in seeing them.

Dirili, maybe the Taboo ones are Dikadoll? They do look kind of similar, http://www.dkdoll.com/productsen.asp?id=52.

You are going to love them when you get them! The Dollzone ones have such lovely sculpting. :D
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:43 pm

hmm... could be, although to me it seems like the pair I received still has thinner fingers. I reaaally wish they were thicker. Think they would pose better if they were. But still worth the deal I got on them. One of these days once I get them blushed I need to get some pics up!
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby darkfairykara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 pm

@britbrat18: thank you for the link. yeah probably don't restring them but the link I posted up there has a tutorial for wiring the hands. that should greatly help in the hold things problem. and thank you I get them Monday.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'