Go to footer

Hybrids wanted!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Hybrids wanted!

Postby Nelly19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Do you have a hybrid? Can I see it pretty pretty please!? Lol, with some advice and guidance for k2 I am currently undertaking my own dolly hybrid project, and it's definitely a journey.....so I was curious....does anyone else on the forum own a volbitsu? Or any other resiny or vinyl-e hybrid specimen? Was it fun making your dream dolly? I wonder.......... :?:
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Hybrids wanted!

Postby Yanagi-sen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:25 pm

My very first doll was a hybrid. I told Kiki-chan78 who I wanted to make (Naoe Nagi from Weiss Kreuz) and she told me what to get, a DZ Shoyo head on an AoD boy body.

The Shoyo 'girl' head really does make an adorable big anime eye boy, especially with a Kiki-chan78 faceup. ^_~

And the color match between the resins is really good (don't mind the wings... it's the best picture I have that shows off his torso).
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 pm

I'll have some to show later when more of my on order dollies arrive, but they will all be resin combos... do you still want to see them if they aren't vinyl combos?
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nelly19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Of course Drilli! I am open to all dollieh, my volbitsu combo is in limbo cause am waiting for both volks USA and Japan to restock, but I definitely wanna see any and all hybrids of different shapes and sizes ^.^ it's fun to see what people create
Nelly19

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Do Littles count?

Obitsu M2 head on a Volks Goh body. Rian the Brian Henson impersonator who needed the M2's nose and the Volks height and muscles. There's a Volks head on an Obitsu 21cm boy somewhere who wanted an upgrade from the Volks Midi so his feet wouldn't fall off.

Three of the five McGanns are hybrids out of necessity of mixing the right head with what ever body I had at hand. Paul in the middle is a Dragon head on an Obitsu body, John Eight in light blue is a Barrack Sergeant head on a DML body, Joe in red is a Barrack Sergeant head on an Ertl body. The other two are BBI and Cal Tek.

Tobey is a Medicom head on a Barrack Sergeant body. This proved to be the most flexible of the sturdy bodies for Spidey.

The way the juggling went Paul and John Eight McGann initially swapped bodies, the Dragon looked better nekked for the Doctor. Then I needed a sturdy Spidey body and Paul became a floater for one of the spare DMLs until I decided I needed all the McGanns and a Paul separate from the Doctor. The Cal Tek was bought whole, the BBI came with a different head that's still floating. Joe ended up on what was once a fisherman with a scary face and neat stuff. Paul is on the Obitsu to be short enough because I use the spare DMLs for the heads I make.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Nelly19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 pm

yes the littles count and they are all nice :) i wanna share what i have so far for my hybrid, the waist is totally fixed now, its just the thighs that are next but out of stock :/ figuring how to fit the 50cm joints and skeleton into the dds thigh slots will be hard....especially with a "hooded" knee joint

so far this is the new hybrid body vs the stock body for a 48cm
dollfie dream sister/obitsu hybrid project 2 by dolladdict92, on Flickr

and front view
dollfie dream sister/obitsu hybrid project 3 by dolladdict92, on Flickr
Nelly19

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

I have a 1/6th scale girl who has an Obitsu upper body with Volks legs/butt.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm obsessed with hybrids. I have plans for quite a few.

I currently have several. There's my Monster High Jackson head on a Volks boy body. I needed to sculpt a neck connector from apoxie in order to make it work but I love the proportions.

Then there's my Clawd head on a Moxie Teen body. Still needs to be rooted but I haven't had the time to do it.

And I don't know if it counts as a hybrid, but I have a Clawdeen head on a Clawd body, that needs a repaint.

I also have an obitsu head on the Jackson body, and an Angel of Dream head on a Dollzone body, but I don't have any pictures of either of them yet.

And last but not least, my darling Rune. He's a ResinSoul Jun head with modified ears on a Dollzone double-jointed body.

Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby IzabethS » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:12 am

I have a hybrid that's been modded a lot, but she's resin. She's a DZ Sheep with Daisy Dayes hooves.

IzabethS
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Nelly19 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Wow is modding resin harder than vinyl?
Nelly19

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'