Go to footer

Anyone know what companies do this?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Anyone know what companies do this?

Postby cabbage » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello! My question is, I want to find a 1/3 female sculpt body, BUT I want her to be gray skinned.
I've been having some issues finding companies that either sell gray skin on a regular basis, or have an acceptable color of gray.
I haven't been looking as if my life depended on it because I don't have the money right now, but I'd just like to have a good idea on where I'd want the body from.
The only two companies I can remember having gray skin as a choice are 5StarDoll, and Bobobie/Resinsoul.
* Although I like the BBB/RS gray skin color, and the way the body looks, I know it's not going to be the best at posing (I have a couple BBB/RS myself).
* The 5SD bodies pose fine (I also have kids from there), but the way the jointing is for the elbows and knees are smooth in such a way where they need hot glue sueding to make sure they don't continuously slide back straight, also the gray skin color they have is a bit too light for what I want.

Any suggestions? :3
cabbage
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Anyone know what companies do this?

Postby Nelly19 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

well am a newbie, but if you dont find any, i know of people dying there resins the color they wanted with dye and water. Its a suggestion though am not sure how to since am more of a vinyl person.....and i am not sure that this is helpful either '-.- - sorry
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Illusion Spirit has grey and they are really nice. http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/index.php
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

SOOM occassionally does dolls in grey, but you'd have to look for those on the secondary market as it's not a color they offer every day like BBB or Illusion Spirit. I have a grey IS doll and their grey is almost identical to SOOM's grey.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Evelien » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Impldoll offers grey skin too :-)
http://www.impldoll.com
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby cabbage » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks for all of your help! :D

I think I might go with an Illusion Spirit, but does anyone know how well they pose? :3
cabbage
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm

cabbage wrote:Thanks for all of your help! :D

I think I might go with an Illusion Spirit, but does anyone know how well they pose? :3

What size were you interested in? I have a 1/6 and a 1/4. The 1/6 is sort of in pieces right now (I'm trying to put SOOM hooves on him) but the 1/4 is intact and I could do some stuff with him :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'