Go to footer

Strange Feet-Recast? (Clarified-Magical Angel)

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Strange Feet-Recast? (Clarified-Magical Angel)

Postby BadCandy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-BJD-SD-Bust ... 3ccaf82952

what company makes jointed feet? theyre half jointed I've never seen that with human style dollie feets :o

and

"It will distribute a certain fragrance and has a certain degree of transparency. It feels like real, smooth skin."

So, it's thin and it stinks? :twisted:

Does anyone have any input on this? Or recognize the head sculpt as a recast?
Last edited by BadCandy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram makes me a better photographer, rite? LOLZ. Siggie under construction.
BadCandy
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: Strange Feet-Recast?

Postby yarwel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 pm

That's magical angel. http://www.magical-angel.com
They are a new doll company. Evelian knows a little more about it than I do.
I think when they say the resin lets light through they are basically saying it's french resin.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby BadCandy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:35 pm

The ebay seller is also selling angel of dream dolls as well..I suspect the ebay seller is scamming? Unless i'm just flaunting my absolute ignorance of indie chinese doll companies and distribution..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/magical_angel/m ... 7675.l2562

This is thier official....
Instagram makes me a better photographer, rite? LOLZ. Siggie under construction.
BadCandy

Postby dhawktx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, I remember seeing on DOA that Xinmeng (the name the ebay seller is using) is the Chinese name of the company that is selling in the West as Magical-Angel. Here's the update they put on their site following a lot of questions on DOA asking if they were legitimate:

http://www.magical-angel.com/about-us/

They sell on ebay as magical-angel, the seller you are looking at seems to be running through a hodge-podge of everything. I'd check out magical-angel's site and ebay before buying from that particular individual.
dhawktx
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby BadCandy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah, I saw thier official ebay, the one on BJDcollecstacy, sorry i amended my post. if the factory is selling the dolls off brand..I dunno. it just seems sketchy. I like the posability tho.(as in pose, not possibility)

EDIT:
Hello,
The?stamp on the back of the doll's head is our brand Xingmeng, and the artist of her is XiaoJinlong
Each joint have his name's acronym XJL
We committed to your eBay experience and satisfaction. If you have any questions/comments, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Thank you and great day! o(∩_∩)o?
?
Sincerely
Lina

this is the messege I received from the Ebay seller asking about the stamp shown in the images. So, I guess this is legit??
BadCandy

Postby yarwel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am

The price is about the same, so you could just order directly from the company. Shipping might be more though.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 pm

PM Evelian about them. I believe she is a European rep for them.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Evelien » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 am

Whoa there, I'm not a rep, I just helped them get on DoA and communicate with people there before they were accepted in ^^. I don't know about Lina, I have only been in touch with Amy. I've actually been messaging her and received a message back today, she usually responds really quickly, I'll ask about Lina right now.

By the way, why do people spell my name as Evelian all the time? It's happened before ^^. I should change my name ^^

-edit- I got a reply, and yes, Lina works at MA.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 am

Evelien wrote:By the way, why do people spell my name as Evelian all the time? It's happened before ^^. I should change my name ^^

No, I love the way your name is spelled! hehe
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Evelien » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 am

Hehe! ^^

I received my 1/4 girl this afternoon and her feet are the same way, it's pretty awesome :D
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'