Go to footer

Weekly DQ: #21

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Weekly DQ: #21

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 am

This week's Dollieh Question from our list. (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6677)

21. Have you ever been jealous about someone's doll?

Not really. :/
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Weekly DQ: #21

Postby E-Beth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 am

Nope.
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Evelien » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 am

Hmmm. Only in the way of thinking "Omg that's awesome I want that I'm gonna save up for that!!". I think. :P

-edit- I AM jealous of some people's face up skills that make their dolls look way more awesome than mine. But wanting to do my own faceups is a choice and I'm not sorry I made it... does that count? ;)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby magkelly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 am

Oh heck yeah. There are certain dolls I dye of envy seeing on the couple of the boards I am on. I desperately covet a real TNT Mod Barbie but never have managed to snag one. I have a holy grail Gene doll that I will never be able to afford that makes me sigh every time someone posts pics of her and I really, really want a Tonner Joan Crawford doll but haven't seen one I can afford as yet so every time I see a pic of her I just yearn, and let's not even talk about how hard I covet all the pretty BJD boys and girls I've seen some of you all display here, lol. There's a difference between envy and begrudging someone their toys though. I'm always happy to see people enjoying their stuff, even if it makes me green with envy sometimes to see it.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 am

Can't have everything in the world. So no

I would probably admire someone who does great faceup especially if their result turn out to be very close to what I have in mind for my own dolls(at least 2 doll owners here). Or maybe someone who is really good at making props. But I won't get get jealous, at most I see if I can get them to do comission or teach me to do stuff.

If anything i gave up a grail doll in favour of a custom, even when grail doll show up at a later date when I had the resource to get her.

Something would be seriously wrong if a hobby that's meant to help me destress ends up making me upset over what other people have.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby IzabethS » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

No, not really. I have dream dolls, but I know that I can't afford them nor justify spending so much money on them on the second hand market either. I'm happy with my dolls.
IzabethS
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Yes, I have... some of you have such awesome dolliehs...

<_< not that I don't have a pretty good collection going, myself, but still...
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby BadCandy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 pm

I get a total envy on when I see people with 3-4 1k$ doll, mostly because I think about what I could do with that much of a dedicated doll budget..
Instagram makes me a better photographer, rite? LOLZ. Siggie under construction.
BadCandy
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby yarwel » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Hmm. Yeah pretty much. With my current budget I'm pretty much restricted to what I can find at the thrift store so I'm a bit jealous of people who can afford bjds and other nicer dolls. I would never wish to take away someone else's dolls though; I wish I had the kind of budget to get my own.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:26 am

Sometimes I feel a little twinge of "Ooh, I wish I had a doll like that"...but then I go back to Cherry and she makes everything better. Really, since I got Ri-ri three years ago my endless hunger to get a "holy resin" doll seems to have evaporated. It's not that I don't love my other girls--Meg, Ashe, Miya and Belle--but Cherry fills a void I didn't know existed. I don't know if it's her personality or the fact that she has the most beautiful face I've ever seen on a playline doll, but somehow she's enough for me. If I ever do get a resin doll now, it will be to reshell Cherry. And that can wait because, for now, she makes me happy just as she is.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'