Go to footer

I have enough money for a new dollieh, but...

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

I have enough money for a new dollieh, but...

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 am

I don't which one to pick :shock:

There are so many I want that I just don't know which one to go for...

The only one I want that I definitely CAN'T afford right now is the Dollzone Alpha that I have been coveting ever since I first laid eyes on him.

I don't know whether to go for a new MSD or just get some of the little Obitsus or Hujoos that I already have plans for...

If I want to order from Junkyspot, this week would be a good time to do it, but I can't decide who I want.

T__T this is such a weird problem for me because I usually decide pretty easily.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: I have enough money for a new dollieh, but...

Postby magkelly » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:48 am

Can you do a lay-a-way on the doll you really want? Or maybe buy something new for the dolls you already have? Seems to me that the $$$ are better spent on a doll that really moves you than just spent to spend on dolls you don't really want. I admit I've been known to do that. Buy a doll that I'm only so-so on just to spend the $10 that's in my pocket but I really try not to do that anymore. It only leads to having dolls that I'm not really attached to and that get hardly no time out of the storage boxes in the end. It's a waste of money. I'd rather buy clothes or whatever for dolls I have. Makes more sense....
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am

high five

money burning a hole in my wallet. 2 dolls Ireally want but I have some questions about payment that I'm waiting to hear back from one company. I kinda hoping that I would have at least one new doll for my birthday next year.

right now I have enough for a Soulddoll vito whose face I'm a little bit iffy about. If I can hold out till my salary comes around next month, i may get a shot at Iplehouse Dexter

If you can hold out a little longer you just might be able to get that Dollzone Alpha if he's not a limited
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 am

Keep saving for the Alpha, especially if the other dolls aren't going away, and Dollzone is bound to have an Xmas event. I waited for one to get my BB Lily and got her a free doll of her own :)

Saving for Dr Elebenty and not touching his money was hard but I felt so proud I survived and the extra I had put aside to cover shipping and taxes, not needed, can put a dent in another doll.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 am

Yep - I'd definitely say wait. It's probably usually the time that's right and the money's not, but this sounds like the other way around :) Maybe in a few days you'll see a new picture of one of the dolls you want and you'll know it's the one to go for. I was torn between three before Iplehouse released the one I ended up ordering, and boy was I glad I waited :D
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby quidam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 am

MOC has a 6 month layaway plan. Maybe you could use your lump sum as a first payment for Alpha?

Alpha is one of my favorites, too. As much as I do like all of my dolls, I do sometimes look at a few of them and wish I had saved the money I spent on them so I could have afforded him instead.

But, maybe you'll find someone cheaper that you like just as much if not more if you look around a bit. Go with your gut.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 am

I actually will probably not buy Alpha until JunkySpot has him in stock again, because I am impatient at waiting for my dolls to get here...

And I'm not sure I'm ready for an SD yet.

<_< I think I'm going to go ahead and grab one of the MSD kids I've been eyeing...

EDIT: T__T no I'm not, because the ones I wanted are out of stock at JS. I'm going to go ahead and grab another little Obitsu, though.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 pm

If JS might have to order him any way then think about saving for an event doll. We should know soon enough and if you don't want to keep the prize sell it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I would wait. Besides - Sweet Dolls Allison is at Junkyspot and hopefully Emory will list him soon. Emory will be getting dolls in, and there might even be a preorder event.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dirili » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:21 pm

I'd say save for your dream doll too! Nothing like getting what you REALLY want. Way more worth it than lots of lesser items.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'