Go to footer

Weekly DQ: #2

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Weekly DQ: #2

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 pm

This week's Dollieh Question from our list. (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6677)

2. What would you do if your doll pulled a Velveteen Rabbit and became alive because you loved it so much?

Hmmmm...I think it could be pretty cool. I'd hope we couldn't talk, to me that would be the creepy part. But having them write notes to say what they're thinking would work for me.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Weekly DQ: #2

Postby Linteia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 am

I don't think I would like it. Firstly, as a living being, I would be obligated to pay attention to it and care for it all the time instead of just when I felt like it. Then more morbidly; living things die, they get mouthy and they have free will. They'd really be no different then having more kids. IDK, I think if they came to life it would just be like having even more responsibilities instead of enjoyable toys, you know?
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 am

I'd love to have something "Indian in the Cupboard" style! Bring them to life when you want to play and back to a toy when you're done. :D
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby Evelien » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:37 am

I have no idea what pulling a Velveteen Rabbit is and I'm too lazy to use google right now XD, but no, I don't want my dolls to come alive. A big part of their charm is that they are not real, they are dolls, I can do with them whatever I want and be inspired by them in my own way :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby IzabethS » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:35 am

I don't know what I'd do if my dolls came alive, probably pull my hair out. I have 9 full dolls, and my partner has 5 so that would be 14 little people running around, plus three heads rolling along with them. I like them being dolls, because most of them are characters of mine, whether I had them before already or after they became dolls. I fear they'd bite me even more if they were alive, out of spite.

Either way, I'd accept it for what it is and hope that they won't destroy anything or bother the cats as payback.
IzabethS
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SugarCorpse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 am

:D one of my favorite books as a kid and indian in the cupboard was one of my favorite movies (just watched again a week or so ago actually =P)

I'd love for my doll to come alive XD itd be sooo cool. but it would suck to feel obligated to spend all my time with her.... and my boyfriend wouldnt like it at all :lol:
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby katana803 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 am

so i asked my hubby this. he said he's seen the puppetmaster movies so he'd be getting lighter fluid and a match. i won't got that far, but i don't want them alive either. only my little kimi doesn't have a bad attitude. if they were alive those attitudes would only be worse and i don't want to deal with that
katana803
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 pm

I don't think I'd want them to come alive either - with my luck they would be nothing like the characters I've given them and that would make me sad.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:18 pm

"You look after my house when i go to work. Do little chores to earn your keep."

It would be quite fascinating if they do come alive *looks at snarky Helen who's character has being with me for a very long time and the notion of tiny little Kula running around*

Similarly I not too keen to hear their voice. So they either communicate by gestures or notes. And then I can probably get some help to sew the small tiny outfits. And then they do their own stunts :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:"You look after my house when i go to work. Do little chores to earn your keep."

It would be quite fascinating if they do come alive *looks at snarky Helen who's character has being with me for a very long time and the notion of tiny little Kula running around*

Similarly I not too keen to hear their voice. So they either communicate by gestures or notes. And then I can probably get some help to sew the small tiny outfits. And then they do their own stunts :lol:

I particularly like them earning their keep. :lol: :lol:
I think it would be funny if Cordie or Myri came to life, but their voices would be too high pitched to hear. But, only one-more would be too much to handle.
richila

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'