Go to footer

Obitsu 48/50cm differences?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Obitsu 48/50cm differences?

Postby Vetinari » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Sorry - strongly suspect this has come up before...

Are there any major differences between the internal structures of these 2 models?
So - if I wanted to put a 50cm large bust on the 48cm body minimal/no modding would be required?
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Obitsu 48/50cm differences?

Postby kiki-chan78 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Other than leg length, there are no significant differences between those two models. So, yes, if you wanted to put the 50cm large bust on a 48cm there would be no problems.

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby K2! » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

As Kiki-chan said, leg length, about 1cm in each the thigh and the shin.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Vetinari » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks! That's good to know for certain (methinks the next load of doll money I gather is going towards a big obitsu - Finally; considering that they were the 1st bjds I ever saw and more or less got me into the hobby... )
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Vetinari wrote:Thanks! That's good to know for certain (methinks the next load of doll money I gather is going towards a big obitsu - Finally; considering that they were the 1st bjds I ever saw and more or less got me into the hobby... )

If you think resin is addictive, obitsu are worse!!! They are like dollieh meth :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Vetinari wrote:Thanks! That's good to know for certain (methinks the next load of doll money I gather is going towards a big obitsu - Finally; considering that they were the 1st bjds I ever saw and more or less got me into the hobby... )

If you think resin is addictive, obitsu are worse!!! They are like dollieh meth :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big time. XD Ha I get one Obitsu delcaring her my one and only and then suddenly I got four Obitsu's, four Monster High and saving up for a resin. They bring dolliehs!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm

I am an Obitsu addict. I might need an intervention soon.....
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 am

I suspect the heroin-like properties are related to the way the head sculpts are so cheap! - "yes this little guy will just be a practice head" - to "she needs a body now!"

I'm having a hard time making my mind up between a gretel and haruka... :? but if I get both the above will probably happen...
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, if you look at the Obitsu collections of Cirque, K2, Zirconmermaid you will notice a distinct bias towards the Haruka head! Not that they don't have Gretels, they are just outnumbered heavily.

As for that body problem...well...you may as well give up the fight now and just get both heads and recognize that there will be another Obitsu in your future LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 am

Strangely enough I have yet to fall to the Obitsu "habit". I have a headless 27cm sitting on the top of my pc desk as we speak, her elf head still laying in the package a few inches away and I'm wondering if I should just put it all up for sale.

I think it might be different if I ever get around to buying a bigger one, though.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'