Go to footer

Weekly DQ: #23

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Weekly DQ: #23

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:15 am

This week's Dollieh Question from our list. (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6677)

23. Something you kick yourself about never getting. (You regret not getting.)

There are somethings that I do regret not buying but I remind myself it must not have been meant to be. Heck I can't even think of any of them at the moment. ;)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Weekly DQ: #23

Postby Evelien » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am

I once let an Asleep Eidolon Meijia on eBay slip. Within Europe, for a great price. The auction ended the first time with no one bidding on her. Once I realized I wanted her, she was already sold the second time she was listed. I'm stll frustrated about that as she is extremely hard to find.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby katana803 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 pm

i try not to regret things. i figure if i missed something i wasn't supposed to have it just then and if i'm supposed to have it i will have another chance to get whatever it is
katana803
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:42 pm

The Hujoo Ted fullset that JunkySpot got in for Christmas last year... they still have Suve and Is fullsets in stock but sold out of the Ted fullset... :cry:

(I ended up getting a Hujoo Ted anyway, But I really wanted the fullset version!)
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:34 pm

I would have said 12 inch GI Joe Ryu or Mamachapp Chun Li(grail doll) back then but I don't feel like I'm missing them anymore since who I have with me has given me lots of fun.

I like Limited edition dolls like Soom Topaz and Volks Yuki Morikawa, Alna and Illya but there's no regrets in not getting them. So unless something really bad happens and I can't get Iplehouse Dexter, then I don't really have any regrets
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby IzabethS » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't have any regrets really, though I've loved Soom Chrom for a long time and wished I could get him. He'd be the perfect sculpt for a character of mine, but I have enough dolls as is and I don't want to pay the insane aftermarket prices and piece him together because I'd need all the fantasy parts...
IzabethS
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Kukolka » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Maybe this doesn't count because I wasn't in the market for BJDs when he was available. When I first saw Immortality of Soul Asyd, the photo with silver wig and red eyes, I thought, someone already made a doll of DH's warlock! The facial structure, lips, eyebrows, everything, looks like the MMORPG character. But he is sold out, oh well.

I do wish I'd gotten Diwali Barbie off the shelf in Toys R Us because now she goes for much more on ebay.
Kukolka
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't really regret getting a CCC Firefly the first time they were out, because I went through a period that I thought anything under 27 cm was too small for me. So, I probably would have sold her even if I had got her. Now, I am into tinies and ultra tinies(Myri, my travel doll, is 5.5cm tall.) and am looking forward to the 8cm Fidelina that will glow pink. I have learned a lot and discovered an abiding love of dollhouse play with my tiny dolls.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lif » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 am

Only regret I did not get the fact that I should have been in this hobby all along (I have been wanting to for more then 10 years!)
But that probably isn't what you ment :lol:
Ok I regret I did not buy the boots I saw on the dutch second hand market some time ago. As it took me too long to figure out that I really like them and they were not that expensive at all.
Now I can't find anything I like as much (well I could buy them new but then I'd buy shoes for a doll I could buy 3 for for myself.. which I don't think my hubby would understand).
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Postby embyquinn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am

Non, je ne regrette rien.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'