Go to footer

houses

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: houses

Postby jemlovecraft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm

EAB wrote:It just occurred to me that you could make a 1/3 sized dollhouse from an armoire, or in an empty closet (if anyone alive has one of those). You could put shelves in and divide it into rooms, and you could close the door to keep out the kittiehs (ALWAYS a necessity).

NO! Don't give me any ideas! My walk-in is already going to be full with the 1/6 sized Barbie Dream Dungeon...
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby EAB » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Well, you could get rid of your clothes and open another closet up. Or your sheets and towels. After all, what's more important?
I know: Buy a house. A big house. Live in one room and make everything else be for the dolliehs.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kukolka » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh no. We're looking for a house. So that's what the extra bedroom is for...
Kukolka
i see dead dolliehs

Postby EAB » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am

That's it.
In fact, if you keep coming here, soon you'll need more than just one extra room.
Ah, well. Forewarned is forearmed, as they say...
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Trethowan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 pm

EAB wrote:No, E-beth, you aren't as safe as you think.
At first, you buy a nice little chair for your 1/3 to sit in. Next you buy a little sofa, because it isn't fair to leave the other dolliehs standing. Then they need a bed. Maybe two beds. And the sofa and chair need some little side tables for you to put lamps on, and maybe a footstool. Next, of course, they have to have a table to eat at. And dishes to eat from. And, of course they need a wardrobe for all those clothes you bought them, and on and on it goes. Their house is your house, or vice-versa. Soon you can't walk without looking down because you don't want to kick any of the dolliehs' things...

so true...
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:32 am

Since Manderson came out of the closet my dolls won't go back in...

I actually have to store spare toys in the shower, I have a separate tub, and I have so much doll stuff that I can't immediately think if I still have a playset I haven't seen in 20 years. It is hard to walk around my room without seeing or avoiding bumping in to something that can be connected to the dolls. At the last house I had the resins sitting in a stroller, couldn't find a pram or nice chair for them. With only 3 SDs and 3 MSDs the pram idea isn't completely gone. They could be out but I could move them out of the way if I needed floor space.

Anyone have high enough ceilings where their doll construction can go up instead of out?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'