Go to footer

What kind of camera do you use?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

What kind of camera do you use?

Postby Tahlise » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

I need a new camera and I was wondering what kind of cameras do you all use? And if they're really good and how you all like them? Alot of you get great shots of your dolls:)
Tahlise
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: What kind of camera do you use?

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am

I use a A1000IS Cybershot, by Cannon. It's not new, but it takes nice pictures. It used to belong to Kiki-chan78. :D
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 am

Fujifilm Finepix F50fd

The quality seems decent since I don't want to invest in a DSLR so as to keep my equipment as minimal as possible. And that I don't understand DSLR enough to get one.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kiki-chan78 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 am

Uhm, Zirc, it's a A1000IS Powershot by Canon... Cybershot is a Sony brand camera. ^^;;;

Depending on the situation, I bounce between two cameras. For quick and dirty shots, I use an older Canon Powershot A570IS model. For better stuff, I use a Canon Rebel T3, which is a DSLR and allows me greater control over the focus in the images. I'm still learning my way around my T3. ^.~

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 am

A refurbished Kodak Easy Share with lots of settings, I use automatic or macro on my dolls, children playing for the puppies, and fast moving subject for rides at Disneyland.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dirili » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 am

I need to look into getting a good camera myself... I just use my mother's right now. Lost mine a while ago.
Hers keeps focusing on the background instead of the foreground :/ And I can't figure out how to get it to stop doing that.

I'll have to look into some of the cameras you all listed.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am

I have a Powershot too, a slightly older model. Canon PowerShot A470. It has Infinity, Macro and Super Macro settings, though the super macro takes some.... practice to get the hang of, since it's not a manual focus. I've had the camera for years and I'm still getting the hang of it. It has some great settings for the cost. I had an Olympus at one point, but I like the Canon much better.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Evelien » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

I have a Canon EOS 1100D now but I used to be able to take quite pretty pictures with my Sony DSC-W110. :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'