Go to footer

Neat Idea for a Dollhouse

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Neat Idea for a Dollhouse

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

I found mine unfurnished outside of the Salvation Army and we had to tie it to the roof of the car to get it home! When I moves I discovered there are only 6 screws holding it together.

The thing with the house is there's more headroom than with a book shelf. A few of my guys, like Nicholas Holmes and Toshi, would have to stoop to enter some book shelves. On the bookshelf side I actually use a heavy duty garage shelf. I have a lot of big books.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Trethowan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm such a huge Ikea fan. I could decorate my entire house in Ikea stuff and be perfectly happy. :-)

I'd like to do a dollhouse on a 1/3rd scale. Can you imagine how insanely huge everything would have to be? Ha! If I ever get a bigger house it's definitely going to happen.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 am

A 1/3rd dollhouse? How about a fancy dog house. They have some now that look like little log cabins. You'd just have remove a sidewall for a dollhouse view.

http://www.doghouses.com/dog-houses/woo ... ghouse.cfm

http://www.doghouses.com/dog-houses/woo ... ghouse.cfm
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 am

Now is the time of year to get roughly 1/3 scale accessories. I've seen little kid size brand name pots and pans turn up at stores, outside of all the pretend food and stuff Toys R Us usually carries. Some of the knock-off American Girl stuff at Target would work for larger minis and SDs. They have a tempting sewing machine but there's no regularity to the scale.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lif » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 am

If I had the money the room and that size dolls I would definatly want a dog house!
This must sound seriously insane for people that are not in this kind of hobby :lol:
The second one is just wonderfull!

I still want to make some sort of foldable doll house/room kinda thing because I do not have the space to have a doll house up permanently. I have a whole plan in my head on how I could make one. Now all I need is the time and the money...and the room to make it.
At the same time I keep thinking up ways to change a shelve next to my bed into a doll house/room..
BJD's:
Audrey: Soulkid Liddell
Molly: Bambicrony Ciao Roko
Blythe (clone)
Pip: Myserious Blythe clone
Other
Kuma: Toy Field Kuma bear (small)
Isaac: commercial cheapisch baby dolly (but extremely cute!)
Read about them: Spark-a-doodle
Lif
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

The dog house idea is so awesome!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby jemlovecraft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 pm

What I think would be cool is getting one of those bookshelves that has sliding doors on the lowest level. Perfect doll garage!
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'