Go to footer

Wrong in the key of wrongness

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Wrong in the key of wrongness

Postby embyquinn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I went to Wally World this afternoon to pick up some craft stuff for a portable room box I'm making for Cherry. While there, as is my custom, I swung by the toy aisle. I didn't see a whole lot I wanted to pick up, but while I was on the Barbie aisle, I happened across this:

This is a S.I.S.box for Trichelle, but anyone who knows anything about the line will see at once that the head of this doll is not Trichelle, but a Moxie Girlz head (I think it's Lexa?) crammed down onto the body. To add insult to injury, the doll has been stripped and redressed in cheap knockoff clothes. The pants are even on backwards.

I quickly pointed this out to one of the stock workers. What I believe happened (and the stock lady agreed) is that someone purchased the Trichelle, took the head (possibly for rebodying), put a spare head (the Moxie Lexa) on the body, dressed it in whatever cheap clothes were lying around, and returned the Frankendoll to the store in order to get their money back.

And nobody noticed. At least until I came along. Indeed, Stock Person asked me how I knew so much about dolls. I explained I was a lifelong doll collector and I kept up with current trends. I also said I wished people wouldn't do this sort of thing because it makes the rest of us look bad.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Wrong in the key of wrongness

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 am

That really is so many different levels of wrong :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 am

Let's not give Mattel any ideas, though! :shock:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dirili » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 am

wow that is just crazy! never heard of anything like that happening before.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby takahirokumiko » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am

Wow... That's just wrong on so many levels. Like you said, it gives the rest of us a bad name.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

Sad thing is, the workers there *can't* do anything about it except accept back the return since they would be unfamiliar with ALL of the stock the store goes through daily and even then, the customer could argue they themselves were duped into buying a doll that was switched out.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby mica » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 am

My wally world had to stop selling shoes in boxes because people were leaving their old shoes in the boxes and walking out with the new ones on :?
Kerryth- Delilah Noir Dark and Defiant
Anakin- Goodreau Schemer
Robin- Impdoll Bobo
Willow- Hujoo Suve........Bran- Hujoo Suve
Atrus- Domuya Venturo......Miriana- Delf EL
Riven- Dollzone Yuu
mica
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Lon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh yeah, I've seen this sort of thing before -_- Or they grab the items they want and return it for the money leaving empty space.

Honestly? Even if it was a Tricelle, I think anything returned this way, just crammed into a box,obviously opened and messed with, shouldn;t be put out as full price. And if they have to discount it due to DAMAGE, maybe it shouldn't be acceptable for a full refund either. :?
Lon
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'