Go to footer

Partial Jointed Hands Guide-VERY VERY image heavy-in progres

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Partial Jointed Hands Guide-VERY VERY image heavy-in pro

Postby Dirili » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Illusion Spirit 1/4 MSD white skin jointed hands

I totally screwed up this order in an extended moment of idiocy. first of all I meant to order normal skin, but accidentally purchased white. Secondly I took the description's word for it: "Fits for both boy and girl dolls around 1/4 MSD size." and I failed to do extensive research on the exact size. When I received them, they were waaaay too big for any msd female doll I've seen (though I'm a 1/3rd size girl, so I haven't seen many), even my 53cm SQ Labs girl. I suppose they could work for some boys, but still seems like they would be big on them too to me.

Aaanyway, although the fingers are a bit on the short/stubby side and the palm is a bit thick, they can still work fairly well for some 1/3rd size females, particularly for ones that are shorter than 60cm.

A teensy bit small for New Territories or Fairyland Feeple65, but they could work. They fit in the wrists just fine for posing:

Too small in scale for Mecha Angel or Iplehouse EID.

Too small for Loong Soul too. She's my 2nd tallest girl after the Mecha Angel:
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Alright, all done for now till I get more stuff in!
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Dirili, is it possible that the hands you thought were Dikadoll might be Illusion Spirit? They look similar to my white skin 1/3 jointed hands (although I haven't tried them on my IS girl since it doesn't fit her personality). Here's a link to my photo if it helps any. http://www.flickr.com/photos/44994110@N04/8424832750/
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dirili » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Kirahfaye, but nope, they definitely aren't IS, because the joints for IS fingers are curved at the front and back, if that makes any sense? Whereas the unidentified ones that I have are cut straight across with no curve. I've stared for hours at most hands trying to figure out which pair I have lol. Looking at fingernail shape, knuckle shape and all. As near as I can figure, Dika female 1/3rd is the only one who's commercial pics don't actually show them in a straight on position and it's kind of hard to tell in the closed hand positions.

You know, I was thinking about buying your IS hands! That is if I ever receive the ones I already paid for 2 months ago... I want to make sure I like the ones I bought before I buy a 2nd pair. I'm not going to ask you to hold them based on that though. I figure if it was meant to be they will still be available when I'm ready.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby PopularFizzyDrink » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks for that, I was interested in 1/4 jointed hands, but for girls and if they're going to be too big then maybe I won't bother until some more... delicate ones are released!
PopularFizzyDrink
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 am

Well, Dirili, they are %10 off ... LOL! ;)

Personally, I think I would prefer jointed boy hands to jointed girl hands. My IS ones are the first female ones I've seen. A friend tried them on one of her normal skin tone petite 58cm boys and they fit (I'm not sure which manufacturer), whereas a 60cm pair she ordered was too big for him. Go figure.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Dirili » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 am

np PopularFizzyDrink! Yeah... I don't think I've seen any MSD jointed hands that are actually proportionate for girls yet unfortunately :( I guess it's really hard to sculpt that small. I'll definitely update this thread if I find anything though.

You make me feel so guilty Kirah! hehe. I'm pretty sure I'll like them, but I don't want to end up with 2 pair if I don't like them. Reaally wish I could help you right now. Money is already a bit tight this month and I still have to pay for shipping once all my items are prepared to ship. Maybe I'll risk it if I can get my SQ labs girl body sold off!

Yeah, you know it's weird how some brands male hands look good on females while other female hands look good on males. That's part of why this guide. You can see that the no-veins version of Dika Doll's 1/3 male hands look pretty good on quite a few of the girls.
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

I think it might take more trial and error for the companies to come up with proportionate molds that work right - especially for MSDs.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'