Go to footer

Asking for help for a little girl - Pics on page 4

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Swap message asking for help for a little girl

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 am

Inventory? Ok, can do that...

1 old style twist-waist Barbie with long gold-blond hair (probably Hollywood Hair Barbie)
2 Fashionista purses (I didn't care for em, but a kid? Eh, they're shiny. XD. Babs is moving, needs luggage... XD)
1 pink nightgown that went to Bedtime Barbie (found out I had two)

I also plan/planned to possibly sew one or two other outfits or a dress. I'd hoped to use some yellow satin I had, but it seems the Evil Overlord hid it after hearing of that plan. Inventory's a good idea there, because if everyone else sends evening dresses, it might not be best idea to sew /another/ one. XD I know I could do t-shirt and jeans instead (arthritis permitting). Maybe a lab coat...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 pm

You guys are awesome, really. This little girl and her family lost everything, and I mean everything in the fire.

I think 2-3 dolls per person makes sense. I have a blond Barbie and an articulated Ken. I will include some clothes. If a couple of dolls arrive nude, that should be fine. Extra clothes, including handmade ones will be great. I always loved changing my dolls clothes, and having multiple ball gowns was a good thing, it meant all my dolls could go to the ball.

Kirahfaye, please PM me to get my address. I am relying on PMs to keep track of who needs my address.

Thanks you guys! Being able to walk into work with a box of toys will be wonderful.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby TsukiNoKemuri » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Sorry to be late to the game, but I'll gladly send three outfits that I received with some Barbies a while back and don't intend to use -- two dresses and a shirt/pants combo -- to help give more wardrobe options. I can send them tomorrow morning, and I'm in the same state, so it should arrive in time to include in the package. I'll PM to get the address to send to.
TsukiNoKemuri
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:23 pm

That is great, TsukiNoKemuri! More clothes would be greatly appreciated, and I think less expensive to ship. Thanks so much!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Just thought I'd ask... is anyone sending shoes? I can't, as there's a severe Shoe Shortage among my dolls and I have yet to learn to make proper ones (though if I can find felt in the right color or another suitable fabric, I may attempt houseshoes to go with the pink nightgown). I just thought I'd ask in case it was something just randomly slipping everyone's minds.

Eseme wrote:having multiple ball gowns was a good thing, it meant all my dolls could go to the ball.

That is a very valid point. I have added at least one dressy/formal dress to my sewing list so the girl I send won't be left out. :)

I actually have a couple old 1993-ish sewing patterns for Barbie that I dusted off, and am trying to recover the pieces to by tracing onto better paper (they're badly faded, and a few are missing). I'm then going through by view number and will see how many I can do before I run out of time. XD I just hope I can still sew decently.

Other experiments and projects are on hold (for those watching the color matching one) so I can try to do as many outfits as possible before deadline (which still won't be a large number - the Evil Overlord is pulling out 'Cinderella Before The Ball' lists of chores to distract, and I don't hand sew very fast any more.)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 am

No shoes, no spare pairs :(

2 of my outfits are gowns, the rest are more Barbie casual, 2 short dresses have hearts, one is pink and lacy like a slip, one is a 2 piece pink print top and skirt. The spare pieces aren't as formal.

If you have bits of left over yarn or chording with some stretch, it needs to have a bit of stretch, you can send those. The French/spool knitter kit I'm sending makes bracelets, rings, and doll scarves. Some of the designs call for beads, the bigger than seed E size that can fit on yarn if anyone has some.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby TsukiNoKemuri » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:43 am

All the Barbies I have are barefoot. I have fewer pairs of doll shoes than I have dolls with names. :shock:

I sent a packet this morning with two dresses (one pinkish/shiny/princess-y and one yellow with a nice tulle-y overskirt) and a casual shirt/pants outfit. You can either dress any nude dolls you end up with, or just include them for the wardrobe. The yellow dress has ties that should go over the shoulders and be tied behind the neck.
TsukiNoKemuri
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 am

I'm sending one pair or black heels and one pair of "frilly" purple ones so there will be a couple of shoes at least.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 am

My box is on it's way.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 am

You guys are awesome. I have a couple of pairs of shoes I can include. Not sure if they will fit an older Barbie. I am glad WhiteDove is using an older pattern, that will be great.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'