Go to footer

Asking for help for a little girl - Pics on page 4

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Asking for help for a little girl - Pics on page 4

Postby Eseme » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm

NEW -- There are pics of the amazing box of dolls, clothes, and goodies we sent on page 4! Sorry for the late pics. This board is full of amazing people.

Original message:

Hi,

I haven't been on the forums in about a year, due to moving and putting all my doll stuff in storage. So I haven't had much to post, and didn't want to be sorely tempted by dolliehs I can't have right now.

But I just posted in the swap forum, asking for help for my coworker's little girl. They lost their house in a fire. I'm trying to round up some Barbies for her.

http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8967

I'm posting here because I think more people look at this forum, but it's really a swap so... If the mods want to merge the threads, or remove one, that's fine.

Anyway, I have missed the dollieh talk and news a lot, you guys are a really awesome bunch of people.

Eseme
Last edited by Eseme on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Swap message asking for help for a little girl

Postby Evelien » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:36 am

I don't have Barbies and if I did shipping would cost me like $40, but I could send some Polly Pocket dolls... Do you think that would help even a little bit..? :-\
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:25 am

I can send dolls, they could use someone to help send some clothes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 am

Hi Evelien, I don't know if she plays with Polly Pocket (or even Monster High). I know her dad a bit from work and he's going through a really rough time right now, so I didn't want to pepper him with questions. I know she likes Barbies, and that's about all. Thank you for your kindness - I know international shipping is just crazy and that you'd offer to send anything is just amazing!

Dolly Kim, I should be able to help dress a few dolls. I know your collection is huge - I'd say pick 5 dolls at most and I should be able to dress them. Thanks!
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am

I've got four on the way, three 90s Barbies and a Toy Story Jessie head on a little body. If the body she's on won't work the head will pop off easily for another bod, it's a solid knob underneath.

Most of my customs wouldn't stand up to the average kid playing with them being Volks and Medicom fragile or having those shattering Dragon wrists.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Eseme » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Wow, DollyKim, you're amazing!

And yes, we want dolls that can stand up to a kid playing with them, for sure.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm

I wasn't sure I'd find anything, but dug into my backroom 'experiment subjects' pile anyway. I found one gorgeous Barbie head I hadn't yet de-haired with really long hair that I'd been able to detangle and had braided to protect it... but her neck was damaged/cracked. I did, however, get lucky again looking through the decapitated bodies pile and found an exact match in both tone and mold for the body. Just popped the two together and she looks great. :)

She's nude, but I'm going to give it a try at sewing her a dress before I mail her. I have some lovely yellow satin that would be gorgeous on her, since she has that rich gold hair that newer Barbie's don't. My monthly store day is tomorrow, but there's 10 days before your shipping deadline, so even with my sewing machine down, I might be able to handsew one dress if my arthritis doesn't get in the way, if I can find the patterns I had, and if my hand-sewing doesn't look too crappy. Hope hand-sewn is ok? If I fail on any of the possible things that could go wrong I'll still get the doll in the mail even if I have to hike to the box at night, but she'll arrive nude instead. I'm hoping I can swing a dress, tho.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:07 am

I was able to find two Barbies, a blond articulated interchangeable head (Disneyland?) Barbie, fully outfitted with the most adorable pink mouse-earred headband and a brunette Model for a Day - Toyko with earrings and bangles. I clothed her in a blue skirt set and tossed in a pair of purple heels that actually work because of the bangle colors - LOL. Both of them have perfect hair and look to be in very good condition.

I also have a couple of Disney princess gowns, a ballet outfit and another dress or two. I was going to also include an adorable little Hello Kitty plushy that comes with a plastic heart shaped box with some stickers.

Although, I don't know if swamping the poor girl with 30 dolls and accompanying regalia is a great idea, either. :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:28 am

Let's take an inventory of what everyone wants to send and go from there.

I have-
*Make that 5 TnT body Barbies from the 90s with a dress each, my sister looked through her dolls and tossed in a couple
1 Toy Story Jess hybrid
a couple spare Barbie skirts
A spool/French knitter book and kit with the spool, hook, and some elastic chording
Last edited by DollyKim on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:53 am

I have

1 articulated interchangeable head Barbie with dress, shoes and mouse ear headband
1 MfaD Toyko (not Asian, btw) Barbie with blue skirt set, bangles, earrings and purple shoes
2 Princess gowns
1 purse that matches purple shoes
1 multicolored dress
1 tutu ballet dress

If we were to reduce it to just one doll (and the clothing), I'd suggest the interchangeable head Barbie - she's adorable.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'