Go to footer

What do you do while you wait?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

What do you do while you wait?

Postby SymphonicEnkelli » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 pm

I know we have the Dollieh Waiting Room, but that seems to be where people post what they are waiting for, not what they are doing in the meantime. So, what do you guys do while you wait for dolls?

I just ordered my first BJD last week and I probably won't see her until summer. So, I've currently been crawling all over the web (mostly ebay) in search of the perfect wigs and clothes for her. I think I found everything I wanted, though, so I'm now going to begin the process of buying it all bit by bit. It's kinda fun, like shopping for a baby.

I'm also going to start working on my dolls back story. I'm a writer, so I think it would be both fun and beneficial for me to craft her story.

Finally, I've been milling around DS, trying to learn new things and become part of the community.

Any other fun things I can do?
SymphonicEnkelli
Dollmatians

Re: What do you do while you wait?

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Watch BJD stuff on Youtube, BJD addicts, box openings, I watch Netflix, roleplay, look at owner pictures.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Mirrin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 pm

I mostly go about my daily life and don't think about it until they ship at all. There's just no sense on dwelling on it when it is going to be months away for me. I'm a grad student that also assistant designs costumes for area operas and dance productions so that sucks up most of my time. Even if I have down time, I just don't really bother myself with it until it's actually being delivered.
At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li), Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD HOE Juwel), Khoshekh (Oleum's Dolls)
Mirrin
the walls have dolliehs

Postby she_flame » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:42 pm

I plan what kind of clothes to make for oncoming doll (pick fabrics, draw sketches). While waiting Chandi I also ordered some eyes for her and Ju.

Now as I have one doll with same size as Ju home, I have done some props for her character.

And I also try not to think too much of when the new doll will be home. Waiting sucks, even if I'm not constantly reminding myself about the lenght of it.
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 am

Currently planning my little Leucocoryne's house...I need to come up with an easier to say name...THAT'S ANOTHER THING. Coming up with names!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Janeway » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 am

I knit, watch TV, do research, buy them stuff and chat about them to friends that know that this is my hobby.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:41 am

As I'm currently waiting on a Luts head, I'll probably stalk the MP and Ebay for his body and look for examples to send to Ban Sidhe (after she's feeling better) for his face-up. I'll look for clothes, wig, eyes... Although I might pull the Blue Blood suit and shirt off my sales thread so he'll have something to wear right away.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby MitisFeles » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 am

I try to no think about the waiting XD But because I'm usually not successful, even when I'm busy with every day life, I do some shopping, mainly eyes and wig, shoes... not clothing, because I really fear to buy things that will not fit my dolls and when I'm not 100% sure I prefer to sew clothing by myself. I do researches, I think about the doll character's background, sometimes write it, I seek inspiration for the face-up and aesthetics...
Now I've just started a new waiting and I'll probably do some shopping for wig, eyes and maybe boots. I've already put aside some fabrics to sew clothing, but I'll wait to have the doll with me to start sewing for him.
If the cardboard bed I'm currently working on will be finished before his arrival, I'll do a cardboard throne too...
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:23 am

I must be the odd one out because I don't order a doll unless I have a name. While waiting, I create a box or trunk for the doll. I have a doll on preorder, her name is Niquissel, Niqui for short. So far she has Hello Kitty pajamas, slippers, hangers and the yarn to crochet her wig. I have been scouting Etsy and have found someone who makes the outfits i want along with matching shoes and hair picks. I just found the fabric flowers that I want to incorporate into her alternate wig. I know that I want a bed for her and her own chair, but I haven't found the style yet. In the meantime, I crochet and sew for my current dolls and make sure I enjoy them every day. :D
richila

Postby SymphonicEnkelli » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:39 am

richila wrote:I must be the odd one out because I don't order a doll unless I have a name. While waiting, I create a box or trunk for the doll. I have a doll on preorder, her name is Niquissel, Niqui for short. So far she has Hello Kitty pajamas, slippers, hangers and the yarn to crochet her wig. I have been scouting Etsy and have found someone who makes the outfits i want along with matching shoes and hair picks. I just found the fabric flowers that I want to incorporate into her alternate wig. I know that I want a bed for her and her own chair, but I haven't found the style yet. In the meantime, I crochet and sew for my current dolls and make sure I enjoy them every day. :D

Haha, you and I can both be the odds ones. I already had a name picked out too, so I search for a doll who suited it.

And goodness, I wish I was crafty. Perhaps I should spend this time trying to expand on my sewing skills. But, in the mean time, school sure does like to keep me busy.
SymphonicEnkelli
Dollmatians

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'