Go to footer

New Arrivals

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: New Arrivals

Postby Jobee » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:52 am

Grats Mary! The Limhwa's faces are just so expressive!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Qrinta » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:14 pm

My aunt's Mei is here! Or more correctly she is sitting at the post office because my mom was at work when they delivered to the house and none of us gets off work before the post office closes so we'll get her tomorrow sometime.

*Dances* My aunt is on a business trip so I'm a bit excited as I can now sneak her present into her house and set everything up to surprise her when she gets back. XD

Edit:
*Waiting for their new mom to come home from her business trip*
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby FacelessPuppets » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:09 am

These are home :D (the two girls and the guy's body, he used to be a floating head before)

I forgot to post them in the waiting room, so I hope it's okay that I post them here.
FacelessPuppets
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:17 am

Qrinta wrote:My aunt's Mei is here! Or more correctly she is sitting at the post office because my mom was at work when they delivered to the house and none of us gets off work before the post office closes so we'll get her tomorrow sometime.

*Dances* My aunt is on a business trip so I'm a bit excited as I can now sneak her present into her house and set everything up to surprise her when she gets back. XD

Edit:
*Waiting for their new mom to come home from her business trip*

Awww, wow!!

That's so sweet of you to do for your aunt! She'll love her----you really made her gorgeous! I love the wings!!! :) Great work!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Ooh so Mirodoll's super fast service meant my 70cm body and impulsive Iris head arrived earlier today.

Mirodoll packaged her in a box very similar to the BBB magnetic blue boxes, and somewhat typically British customs utterly destroyed it (seriously they've ruined two other dollboxes including a posh foam Dollshe contraption urgh). However the doll arrived in one piece so that's the main thing!

Mirodoll were kind enough to include some spare eyes and a doll sized necklace with her, and she was fairly carefully wrapped up so I've got no complaints about their end of the shipping!

As for the 70cm body - it's very good for the price. She doesn't pose amazingly, however she can stand for long enough to photograph with a bit of fiddling (which frankly is more than my much more expensive Dollzone 65cm girl manages some days!)

I'd say the body is on a par with the Resinsoul/BBB equivalent, I bought it for the lanky aesthetic, and it certainly suits my purposes. However the leg/arm sculpts are a lot less elegant than the Resinsoul's - and as anyone with a Resinsoul guy knows, it says a lot that her arms pose less well than theirs! Her elbow joints are weirdly undersized (and yes I am going to attempt epoxying the hell out of them!) and the hands are just a little inelegant.

Here's a couple of quick phone (nekkid sorry! )snaps with my Dollzone Clare, and wearing the Akagi Ban head

https://flic.kr/p/A7AsDc

https://flic.kr/p/zNtaZt

As you can see I think I misjudged the resin colour just a tad! From what I'd heard Akagi normal was quite a bit darker and yellower than Mirodoll normal, however Mirodoll yellow is more yellow than even DollZone's somewhat infamous dark nearly tan shade! Fortunately with the character in question I can excuse the mismatch in my head as rainbow goth makeup.

On the whole I'd say the Mirodoll 70cm body is well worth it, especially on their nearly constant 40% off sale, and if like me you try to stick to the only one of each body rule! Overall she's pretty solid, and there's nothing there that some sueding, and restringing couldn't improve.

However if it's not a specific lanky aesthetic look thing, I think I'd recommend the similarly priced Resinsoul body first.

Oh and the Iris headsculpt is lovely - this body is definitely going to be timeshared!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Trethowan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:31 am

Thank you so much for sharing. I wondered about the arms. I have a little trouble with my Miro girl's elbows sometimes. It takes a bit of fiddling to get them in place. hehe
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Hah! Hope it's helpful (actually any tips on Mirodoll elbow posing? I'm struggling to get anything other than straight arms!)

Here's an impromptu height and resin colour comparison set (I suspect a few of these shots will probably end up on the mocking end of the bjd albums online) so fair warning the lighting is terribad, and some of the nekkidness in the photos is from odd angles, since I was unwilling to unstring them to get a better comparison!

Quick and nasty height comparison shots, with and without the demon flash:

https://flic.kr/p/ALz6of
https://flic.kr/p/AMLpac

As you can see, the Mirodoll body truly is pretty close to 70cm, the other dolls in the slightly shameful lineup are the tall Resinsoul girl, a Dollzone Clare and a SG sized Sabik on a Dollzone 72cm body.

A more up close comparison of the three tall female bodies in my possession, as you can see even Dollzone's yellow looks warm and peachy next to Mirodoll's current yellow.

https://flic.kr/p/AKux2E
https://flic.kr/p/ALAy2J

I do find it amusing that most of the height difference clearly comes from the torsos! Their legs are roughly the same length, and the Mirodoll feet are even longer than the Dollzone 65s!

As I hope the photos show, the Mirodoll body looks fine in its own right, if a tad roughly sculpted. She's certainly got the height I wanted for the character.

An attempt to show up the relative bulks of their arms, again apologies for the awful photos! (I just know if I look in a few weeks they'll crop up on those Bjd-shaming sites, but sod it, these are closer to badly shot technical photos than the lovely artistic shots I never manage to achieve!)

https://flic.kr/p/zQUr8n

Oh once again, if anyone knows where on earth the Bbcodes on Flickr have vanished to please show me! Though perhaps it's better people need to click on these to see them...
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Flickr's current method of getting the BB code (I can't demonstrate it with your pics, as Flickr only seems to let you get it for your own pics)

So - click on this icon, bottom right of the picture viewer:

Then select BB Code, size, and copy the code

And you should get a pic:
ImageTamara 01

Yes, I know I've hosted the screen grabs on Photobucket. It's easier for stuff I'm only sharing to forums!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Vetinari » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks! Urgh damn, that little submenu doesn't become visible for me after the arrow :? I suspect there's something I need to enable on the privacy settings.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Trethowan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks for sharing so many pictures, Vetinari. :-) They do seem to choose odd proportions. The size difference between their male 60cm and 68cm was all in the legs, if I remember correctly. Are the legs bowed or is it just the way it's twisted?

Whenever I share from Flickr I go to the icon on the far right and select the option to see all sizes. From there I click the size picture I want and grab the code. I didn't know there was another option. Good to know!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'