Go to footer

New Arrivals

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: New Arrivals

Postby Ruva » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:36 am

I'm in Tokyo! I went to the volks show room in akihabara and picked up this little lady

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Ruva_ ... sort=3&o=0

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Ruva_ ... sort=3&o=1

I apologize for the bad quality. It was taken with my tablet since I didn't bring a laptop to transfer images to.
She's a Pureneemo doll. I've never heard of them before but I saw the body and had to get one. Now it won't be so lonely on my trip. I'll be taking lots of pics of her in strange places. Pureneemo dolls are varying degrees of 1/6 scale from what I understand. There were three sizes that I saw. XS, S and Medium. The is a small. There were also 1/12 scales. The heads had sold out so I got a 1/6 obitsu head with rooted hair for her. She was pretty cheap at $19. For the body and $9 for the head. Eye decals were $7 for a pack. I also got her a pack of different hand gestures. Her outfit was $50 (T_T) but at least it's very well made, the detail on such small clothes is amazing. I want to point out that there were made in Vietnam, which is where I'm going. So maybe I'll get lucky and find a tailor who will make doll clothes for me!!

More on her later, once I get back home probably. I got lost for 5 hours today lol my cellphone up and died. no phone=no gps=no idea where to go.
I'm not clumsy! The floor just hates me, the table and chairs are bullies, and the walls get in my way. -Anonymous
Ruva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:43 am

Ruva wrote:I'm in Tokyo! I went to the volks show room in akihabara and picked up this little lady

I am officially jealous. I love Tokyo!!!

Adorable doll, btw. hehe
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Went to Dollism this past weekend, and came home with this beauty. :mrgreen:
Her name is Michaela Fairchild. She's a Dollmore Trinity Elysia.

Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Congratulations! She's beautiful.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Fyrsiel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Stormlight, and you didn't have to wait for shipping! :D

Dollism sounds pretty neat. 0_0 And all the regular dollieh vendors are there... might be kinda cool to go there one day.
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 am

Oh, Dollism was AMAZING. I definitely want to go back when they have it again. They're talking 2016, possibly in Minnesota where Mint on Card is located. So many vendors selling EVERYTHING. Bought clothes and wigs. My Elysia was actually pre-ordered because Dollmore was giving a 20% discount for any order to be picked up at the convention. They had her displayed the whole time, and they were so excited when I picked her up. They even gave me the stand she was displayed on, and that thing is expensive! Dollmore is the only place you can get a stand heavy enough to hold a Trinity, but they cost $120 plus the shipping, so I was very grateful to them for giving it to me.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Fyrsiel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Stormlight wrote:Oh, Dollism was AMAZING. I definitely want to go back when they have it again. They're talking 2016, possibly in Minnesota where Mint on Card is located. So many vendors selling EVERYTHING. Bought clothes and wigs. My Elysia was actually pre-ordered because Dollmore was giving a 20% discount for any order to be picked up at the convention. They had her displayed the whole time, and they were so excited when I picked her up. They even gave me the stand she was displayed on, and that thing is expensive! Dollmore is the only place you can get a stand heavy enough to hold a Trinity, but they cost $120 plus the shipping, so I was very grateful to them for giving it to me.

Aw, nice! Score big for the home team. xD That was really cool of Dollmore!

Yeep, I didn't know that the convention changed locations that dramatically... .__. ;; New York is just a few hours' drive from me, but Minnesota...? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

I'd really love to be able to go to a convention where ALL the doll shops are right there. Beats the online guessing game and shipping wait/$$$ that's for sure.
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 am

Adding Helen in on this. Old character upsized as in new doll form.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Fyrsiel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:50 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Adding Helen in on this. Old character upsized as in new doll form.

Love her style! :D She's very cool!
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 am

Fyrsiel wrote:
Love her style! :D She's very cool!

thanks. Her 1/6 self wonders why I never dress her like this (can't find green shirts/vest for obitsu 27). At least on this size she gets more wigs and clothes to play around with.

Loosely based on this outfit
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'