Go to footer

The place for the other stuff

Postby Trethowan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:57 pm

3. I want to join Ivan and Foster

The three of you walk across campus toward the Greek Row. Even from four blocks away you could hear obnoxiously loud music thumping from a house packed so tightly with college kids you just know they’re breaking fire codes. Giant Greek letters that resembled an E and X are hung above the front porch to let you know that you’ve arrived at the Sigma Chi fraternity house. Most of the boys you encounter are cheering for no apparent reason and chugging copious amounts of beer. You push through the glassy-eyed crowd filling the fraternity house and eventually spot Patrick, Ryan, and Jim. They’re too distracted to notice you’ve arrived.

“C’mon an’ play a game with me!” Patrick slurs to the nearest warm body.

Ryan is a polite conversationalist and makes eye contact. He listens to what she has to say and nods appropriately. He’s also very drunk and could very well be doing the opposite of those things. Yes. Ryan is doing the opposite of those things. Ryan also thinks he’s talking to twins.

The lady says, “You’re staring at my boobs again, you creep.”

“I like twins.”

“Jerk.”

“And he strikes out.” Jim snickered and chugged his third bottle of water. It was entirely too close to the full moon to risk a beer and the last thing he needed was to wolf out in front of his friends. It would really kill his social life. (pun intended.)

“What a lovely party,” said a familiar dark figure.

“Hmm… I smell a wolf in the house… and something else.” She turns to look at Ivan and Foster, allowing herself a small smile. You think there’s something very odd about her, as if you can’t really keep your eyes on her. It’s like they slide away and when you’re not looking you forget she’s even there.

“They call this a party,” Ivan said with a harrumph. “In my day we feasted for weeks! Where is the roast boar? Where are the flagons of mead? Where are the busty serving wenches!?” You look up at Ivan, forgetting about the dark lady.

“Roast boar? Flagons of mead? How barbaric. You’ve not seen a party until you’ve attended a royal banquet. The Fee really know how to party.”

“Something tells me your parties end in murder and intrigue.” You and Ivan laugh.

“Exactly!” Foster rubbed his hands with delight. “What mayhem shall we cause tonight?”

You turn to Ivan and Foster to interrupt their bickering over exactly HOW to crash the party. You ask them each to plead their case, unaware that you're being watched.

Ivan says, “Since they think I’m so creepy, I want to glamor the boys into thinking hordes of thirsty vampires are in their midst. We’ll watch them run screaming with their tail tucked between their legs!” When Ivan laughed you could see the light glint off his fangs. The guys were sorta right… that is a bit creepy.

I want to see what tricks Ivan has up his sleeve.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11395 <---- Ivan's tricks

Foster says to you, “I want to bring the skeletons to life with my magic. They’ll scare these goofy kids senseless!”

Let’s try it Foster’s way. It sounds a little safer than even imaginary vampires. Someone could get a stake in the heart by accident.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11396 <--- Foster's way

or go back to the beginning:

Back to the beginning: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11399&p=130234#p130234

Please post any comments at the beginning opening story so they'll all stay in one place. These are hidden so they're not easy to find. Thanks!!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to The Back Room