Go to footer

Joy of Winter Sock and Photo Contest

Re: Joy of Winter Sock and Photo Contest

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Haha I dunno, GH, I kinda like K2!'s idea of the sock swimsuits.... I do miss winter though, so while I still don't think I'll enter, I look forward to seeing everyone's entries!
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Yanagi-sen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Okami- I live im Arizona - trust me, I don't see any white winters either LOL. All I can say is it can be considered more of a challenge. If you live in a warm winter climate, you can always focus more on the holiday aspect of the season rather than the snowy cold.

*snicker* With Kiki in PR... I just had a thought of Omi with the HORRIBLY TACKY town holiday decorations. They really do take tacky light displays to a whole new level down there. ^_~
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby PerlaNemesis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:09 am

Yay! A new contest! I already have few ideas but I will see which one will work out. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:01 am

Yanagi-sen wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:Okami- I live im Arizona - trust me, I don't see any white winters either LOL. All I can say is it can be considered more of a challenge. If you live in a warm winter climate, you can always focus more on the holiday aspect of the season rather than the snowy cold.

*snicker* With Kiki in PR... I just had a thought of Omi with the HORRIBLY TACKY town holiday decorations. They really do take tacky light displays to a whole new level down there. ^_~

Good thing I'm not a judge, because I LOVE TACKY holiday decorations LOL. My dream is to have a front yard full of old fashioned plastic light up holiday decorations....of course first I have to get a front yard :(

I hope Kiki enters - I'd love to see Omi's version of a homocidal Christmas!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 am

A good question was asked via PM so I'm posting it and the answer here.

Can you have dolls of different sizes in your photo entry? For example a Puki, Minifee and a 60cm obitsu.

YES!!! You can have all variety of dolls in your entry, just decide which category you want to enter and make sure at least one doll fits that size range. AND make sure all dolls in the picture have sock clothing (not just the category doll).

The most important rule of the whole contest is the one I forgot to write - HAVE FUN!!!!
Greyhaunt

Postby Yanagi-sen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:
Yanagi-sen wrote:*snicker* With Kiki in PR... I just had a thought of Omi with the HORRIBLY TACKY town holiday decorations. They really do take tacky light displays to a whole new level down there. ^_~

Good thing I'm not a judge, because I LOVE TACKY holiday decorations LOL. My dream is to have a front yard full of old fashioned plastic light up holiday decorations....of course first I have to get a front yard :(

I hope Kiki enters - I'd love to see Omi's version of a homocidal Christmas!

Town hall... the last time I was down there:

Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:33 pm

OMG - that is awesome!!!!
Greyhaunt

Postby kiki-chan78 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

It's too bad they don't do the 'Circulo Magico' anymore. At one point, I lived in an urbanization where one of the streets would do a 'magic circle' for the winter holidays... and they went ALL OUT with the decorations. The Griswald's 'fancy' lighted up house in the Christmas Vacation movie PALED in comparison to any of the houses on that street (honestly, that gag in the movie was completely lost on puerto ricans). It was really interested to see 'snow covered' houses, when it doesn't snow on a tropical island. Seemed that there were two popular faux snow 'covers', crumpled white trash bags, and polyester fiberfill. XD

Then again, it's also a little normal for us to just decide 'heck with the holiday, we just want the pretty lights!' and put up lights depicting stuff. Here's a few shots from my hometown, yes, these are all in christmas. This is also completely normal.

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

SQUEEEEEEE - I'm so jealous! hahahaha I need to spend a Christmas in Puerto Rico!

Geez, now I wish I'd made this a "Tacky Xmas decorations" contest for dolls....maybe next year :)
Greyhaunt

Postby kiki-chan78 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Kinda glad that it isn't a tacky xmas decoration contest, Yannyan knows that I've got 'funny' ideas for what holiday decorations should look like. My ideas for holiday decorations usually include seashells, gold spray paint, glitter, and lots of lights... I might end up in trouble if I decide to spray-paint Omi gold. >.>;;;

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Joy of Winter - Closed Contest