Go to footer

Joy of Winter Sock and Photo Contest

Joy of Winter Sock and Photo Contest

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm

It’s time for another forum wide contest and I’ve got a good one for you! Your challenge, should you accept it, is to submit ONE (count that – ONE) photograph of a doll or dolls celebrating the joy of the winter season! This means Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, New Years or just plain snowball fights and cocoa by the fire. The photo theme MUST express the joy of winter.

BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!!!

You see that word “Sock” in the title – it ain’t just there for fun. Because not only must your photo be winter themed – your doll (or dolls) clothing MUST be me made using socks as the fabric! In other words, sweaters, hats, coats, dresses, pants, underwear, EVERYTHING except shoes (but if you can do that too it would be awesome) must be made from socks.
YES, this is a real challenge of a contest, but YES it’s gonna be fun!!!

RULES (cause we gotta have some)
1. As stated above, the photo must be the theme of Joy of Winter and all clothing worn by all dolls (whether or not that doll is the “category doll”) in the photo must be made from socks.
a. For the purpose of the contest the following are considered to be “socks”: socks (of course), stockings, knee highs. Underwear and leg warmers do not qualify.
b. No text in the photos – tell the story with the picture

2. To be eligible for a prize you must be an Active Member in Good Standing of the Dollieh Sanctuary Forum. Why? Because while I acknowledge that lurkers are members, I feel that prizes should go to those, without whom, this forum would be an empty boring list of categories. Active members make the forum what it is and this is how we thank them. Plus it means we may actually get to see the prizes that we (generally speaking it’s more like ME) purchase with our own money and mail out with our own money. Nothing makes us feel worse than giving an expensive prize and never seeing it, or the winner, again.
a. International members are definitely eligible so long as they meet the active and good standing criteria. Evelien, I don’t think you have anything to worry about :D
b. Greyhaunt is not eligible for any of the prizes and may only enter a non-judgeable photo. Given as Greyhaunt is the one giving away the prizes she really doesn’t want to win them back anyway.

3. There will be five categories, one prize per category. You may not enter multiple categories. If you have dolls in your entry that qualify for multiple categories you must choose a category to enter (there will be a thread for each category’s entries).
a. If you are not certain what category your doll fits in, post your question in this thread and Greyhaunt will reply.

4. All entries must be posted no later than January 1st, 2013. Winners will be announced the following Saturday.

CATEGORIES
1. Tines – those little handfuls like 11cm obitsu, Puki, Pet dolls, etc…
2. 1/6 scale – BBB’s like the dragons, Isabella, plus Yo-Sd sized resin dolls, Hujoos
3. Fashion Dolls – Yes, they get their own category! This is Barbie, Monster High, Pullip, Obitsu, etc…
4. MSD scale – Dolls in the 40cm – 48cm range
5. SD Scale – Dolls from 50cm on up

HOW TO ENTER
1. There will be an entries thread for each Category. Post your photo in the appropriate thread. Include a title for your photo (if you have one).
2. That’s it, not much else you can do :D
3. You can enter just for fun and not for prizes. If you want to do that, just say so in your post.

JUDGING
1. Judging will be done by persons not part of or affiliated with the forum.
2. Judges will base their votes on both the appropriateness of the photo and how well it expresses the winter theme, and the use of socks as the clothing of the doll/dolls.

PRIZES
1. There will be ONE prize awarded for each category.
2. Prizes will be appropriate for the category size.
3. I don’t have all the prizes yet, that’s why I’m not telling you what they are right now. Once I have them, I will post a prizes thread.
4. International entries will be considered for prizes but may receive an alternate. This isn’t meant to be a punishment; I simply cannot afford to ship heavier items overseas and so may offer an international winner an option of some lighter weight prizes. This may end up not being an issue, but I wanted to bring it up just in case.

Ask your questions in this thread.
Make awesome entries!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: Joy of Winter Sock and Photo Contest

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 am

THANK YOU GREYHAUNT! I've been needing a new sewing project and I have holiday socks.

This is like...A sign! XD
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 am

Yay, such a fun contest!!!

I may enter with a 35cm doll (Narsha hybrid), will she count in the MSD category as all my other dolls are MSD..?

Greyhaunt wrote:Evelien, I don’t think you have anything to worry about :D

:lol: :lol:

Oh, about the international shipping: should I win a heavy prize, I'd of course be willing to pay for shipping.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 am

Evelien wrote:Yay, such a fun contest!!!

I may enter with a 35cm doll (Narsha hybrid), will she count in the MSD category as all my other dolls are MSD..?

I'd say that yes, that would be an MSD sized entry :)

Oh, about the international shipping: should I win a heavy prize, I'd of course be willing to pay for shipping.

We'll split it :)
Greyhaunt

Postby SugarCorpse » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am

Do i count as an active member even though i haven't been very active lately (past few weeks or so v.v) cause my life has been kind of hectic? :o
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 am

SugarCorpse wrote:Do i count as an active member even though i haven't been very active lately (past few weeks or so v.v) cause my life has been kind of hectic? :o

I pm'd you the answer - but yes, you are :)

If anyone else is unsure of their qualifying, just PM either Greyhaunt or K2 and we'll let you know :)
Greyhaunt

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm probably not going to enter but out of curiosity's sake... What about those of us that live in more...tropical climes? The joy of winter in Florida is being outdoors without sweating one's skin off, and bright, sunny, breezy days.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby K2! » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 pm

OkamiKodomo wrote:I'm probably not going to enter but out of curiosity's sake... What about those of us that live in more...tropical climes? The joy of winter in Florida is being outdoors without sweating one's skin off, and bright, sunny, breezy days.

Sounds like you need to be making sock bathing suits.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby skookum hime » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:13 pm

I have several ideas rolling around in my head :D
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Okami- I live im Arizona - trust me, I don't see any white winters either LOL. All I can say is it can be considered more of a challenge. If you live in a warm winter climate, you can always focus more on the holiday aspect of the season rather than the snowy cold.
Greyhaunt

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Joy of Winter - Closed Contest